Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanguy
#119983 ok well befor i get my car painted i need some opinions. if you could have your rear door handels shaved would you? just give simple yes no answeres and a small reason why. thanks guys
By El Duende
egsedanguy wrote:ok well befor i get my car painted i need some opinions. if you could have your rear door handels shaved would you? just give simple yes no answeres and a small reason why. thanks guys

If you don't mind me asking, why and how much would you shave them?
By egsedanguy
#119991 well just cause my car is a 4 door dont mean i need all 4 doors. noone rides in the back so therfor i want to remove my rear door handels and weld up the holes. then i will move my rear handels to the front and eliminate the key holes and get remote unlock. and when i mean shave i mean to remove dem :thumb:
By Chance
egsedanguy wrote: just give simple yes no answeres

NO :eh:

egsedanguy wrote:and a small reason why. thanks guys

....only like certain things shaved :wink: :hehe:
By Chance
#119995 8)
By Chance
egsedanguy wrote: ok i wont do it :).

:woot: praise the Lord there is a God!
By Vti93T
#120036 I say definitely NOT! Here's a picture of a guy on another forum..one only for coupes and well it's not a coupe and it looks like crap

He joined the forum and asked if we all liked his ej1..we were like um dude it's still not an ej1..I think it's pointless to shave off the rear door handles..what's the point in owning a four door then..why not just buy a coupe and save the trouble of doing all that work
By El Duende
egsedanguy wrote:well just cause my car is a 4 door dont mean i need all 4 doors. noone rides in the back so therfor i want to remove my rear door handels and weld up the holes. then i will move my rear handels to the front and eliminate the key holes and get remote unlock. and when i mean shave i mean to remove dem :thumb:

Um, yeah like they said, no. This doesn't sound very practical and judging by that pic of the white sedan, it doesn't look very good either. :thumbdown:

But hey, it's up to you bud.
By chrono404
El Duende wrote:Um, yeah like they said, no. This doesn't sound very practical and judging by that pic of the white sedan, it doesn't look very good either. :thumbdown:

x2

That pic looks just horrid.
Removing the back doors doesn't make any sence. Even if you dont use them it would totally kill resell value for your car. Anyone who is into Coupes would lol at your car, Anyone who wants a sedan wouldn't want your wannabe coupe.

Plus you need More Doors for More Hoes! Getting people into the back of the "coupe" you would make would suck.

I can see shaving the handle and having the doors pop open, and Even thats kinda gay, Having the entire door shaved is just a Huge Epic Failure.
By egsedanguy
#120190 well i dont know what happened to my post but either someone came in and edited it or somthing cause im misssing a post :? . but i am not going to do it. plus even if i was to do it i have no concern bout resale. nope not one bit. i probly wont sell this car well at least not within the next few years. also ya the pic kate posted, the car looks like ass. he also wlded the actual door up witch is really stupid.then calles it an ej1 :lol: i was just sayen the handel. the door would still have full use just not from outside. no i am not tryen to make my car look like a coupe, nor try to fit in with coupes. no offence coupes. ima leave it alone. it was just a thought. :thumb: but i am going to paint it lime green with pink flames and a set of 100 spoke 14in gold datons :thumb: :lol: J/K
By mistergou
egsedanguy wrote: but i am going to paint it lime green with pink flames and a set of 100 spoke 14in gold datons :thumb: :lol: J/K

:lol: but that would look awesome!!

ps-glad your not shaving rear doors, it looks stupid!