Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By drago742gtr
#112445 well driving down the high way wait ..... first my engine mount was bad and i got a good one from a friend but i was goin to put it in latter ( bad choice ) now im driving down the highway and ispeed up and switch lanes. i hear something scrape , so im like damn shitty high way then i hear some other shit and now something is draggin on the ground :x so i pull over in the wendys parkin lot , pop to hood just to see the damn engine hanging on for dear life

:o well then thats some messed up shit ... only if i changed the mount earlier i would of noticed the bracket to the engine was lose and i could of tightend it but oh well it leaked out all of the oil i just put in there not even 20 miles on teh oil but it looks soo black, i guess now its time to call the tow truck. good thing i got road side assistance :thumb:

30 min latter its time to get it on the truck it wasnt that much of a hassle even tho is soo low had to take the bumper off tho .

more pics

now its home in the drive way again waiting to be fixed again

i was told i need a special tool to take the pulley off so i can get to the timing belt because that got ripped some how :? and is there a differnce between the y7 oil pump and the z6 oil pump ? like is the z6 oil pump better for the vtec ? well i have a fun day of extra work to do on top of changing the clutch and puttin the cat back exhaust on
Last edited by drago742gtr on Tue May 19, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By marvinp8700
#112447 http://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-648826-H ... B0002Q8TTG

said tool is not required but it makes things a hell of lot easier
By Mr. Pink
#112485 that tool is really only needed for b series pulleys my d seies pully didnt have a spot for me to put my tool.
By marvinp8700
Mr. Pink wrote:that tool is really only needed for b series pulleys my d seies pully didnt have a spot for me to put my tool.

i've got a tool that has two heads for it one for d and one for b
By Vti93T
#112496 poor car!
By chrono404
#112497 That sucks alot, Especially because you just did a Mini-me in not to long ago.
By drago742gtr
#112502 ima try with out the tool today if its too hard ill just buy the tool 2morrow , yea it sucks the car was runnin good 2 i had plans to go to atco 2morrow but that might not happen but oh well at least i was only 2miles away from home it should be up and runnin again by thursday if not the weekend i dont realy have to rush to fix it cuz i got a small suv for the daily driver
By drago742gtr
#113394 finally worked on the car today and it went pretty well , i got the new oil pan on , yea z6 oil pan and y7 block dont match but i made it fit i had to make a hole bigger for one of the screws and on it went, i picked up some headers and a full exhaust on saturday :thumb: but still couldnt get the pulley off to changed the timing belt and the engine mount broke off from the block so nows theres a chunk missing where one of the screws would go soo thats the next thing to do but it looks good with the headers on ill post some pics latter to night i gota alot
By drago742gtr
#113465 fell asleep last night i was extra tired but heres some pics

thats how i got the first pulley off lol not the right way to do it but i had to get the timing belt of the old block

:thumb:

out with the old :thumbdown:

in with the new ( well used ) but for 20 dollars im happy :thumb:

had to stay cool some how lol

ok now for a question i was comparing oil pumps from the z6 and the y7 they look pretty much the same but the pipe that bolts to the block is just a lil difernt and the y7 had a A and the z6 had a 8 does ne one know if theres any major difference ??

ducks :?

all done for now
i gotta get the tool to change the belt on the z7 then i gotta re thred the engine mount and im good to go
By chrono404
drago742gtr wrote:Image
thats how i got the first pulley off lol not the right way to do it but i had to get the timing belt of the old block

Lol, That pulley is hard to get off, I first got mine off when I had stuck a screw driver throw a whole in the flywheel and had it rest against the block and use a cheater pipe and breaker bar to get it off.

The second time(engine complete, w/ tranny in car) I used a welding glove and holded as hard as I could as I had someone use air tools to take that bolt out.

Ideas for next time.

I love the umbrella idea, thats awesome.

Nice work :thumb:
By bceg
#113817 loving the umbrella stuck in the engine bay portable shade 8)
By drago742gtr
#117781 ( just copyed and pasted from the other post )
i just did mine yesterday ! woo hooo ill tell ya wht i did on here cuz i didnt make a new post yet but i had took a pic from my cell and it came out shitty but get a chain wrench , a cinder block , a 4way , and a big pipe , and a big enough friend weighing about 250 lbs lol (dtor9e2g whos still on 0 posts) , first get the car jacked up , then get the wheel off, wrap the chain wrench around the smaller pully make sure its real tight ( this might messup the grooves but if u dont have power steering its not goin to matter) , then once its on and tight put the cinder block in place where the handel of the chain wrench will hit the block , some of the block will be under the oil pan , thas ok let the engine sit on the block now its time to break it free i used a 4 way cuz i know that it wouldnt break, u could use a breaker bar to if u want , put the pipe on one end of the four way, that way u have more leverage, now once u got it ready to break it free have one person probly the one who weighs less than the other person put on foot on the brick to also help it from moving then over other person press down on the bar with all there weight, it might tkae a few times it get it free but it will as long as the cinder block dont move

this would be alot easyer if i had a better pic to show u guys
By Ajax1989
#118716 damn man that must have sucked.. btw i like that front bumper, is it strong or is it weak without all the stuff inside of it?
By drago742gtr
#119090 stuff? u mean like the bumper support ? its still on the car i never took it off