Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By blind monkey
#103107 I have a 92 DX(I assume its a DX cause it dosnt have any power options other then power steering) with a trunk lid from an LX that has the factory spoiler on it. my problem is the trunk dosnt actually pop up a little when you pull the cable release or turn the key. to open the trunk you actually have to lift while turning the key or while someone pulls the cable release from inside the car. is there anyway I can make it actually pop open a little like most cars do when you open them?
By smokinsoljah420
#103112 it says no items available when you click that link. Where you thinking about the trunk struts like i was? im pretty sure when you hit the latch or open it with the key the struts kick it out some before you open it. i could be totally wrong though lol. :thumb:
By VegasCivic
#103160 haha well pick trunk! :lol: :thumb:

the two tension rods were the parts I was looking at.
By smokinsoljah420
#103166 :lol: Duh! lol thats what i meant. the tension rods. lol!
By blind monkey
#103287 its a 4dr, it dosnt have tension rods. it has the little gas charged struts. if it had tension rods I would have tightened them or gone looking for tension rods from a model with spoiler. my job in highschool was lube and oil tech at a honda dealer, I got to help with jobs like spoiler installs and the tension rods were changed when putting a spoiler on, but I never saw a spoiler install on a 4dr with the gas struts so no idea how its supposed to pop. the gas struts are horizontal when the trunk lid is down so no idea how they could actually make the lid pop.
By hondajunkee
#103294 I would try changing the gas struts, I had a similar problem with my hatch where the struts were bad and I had to have someone pull on the glass while I pulled the latch, but it all worked fine once I changed the struts