Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By i8umup
#102383 as for the speedometer not working there is a sensor on the tranny mine went bad and the same thing happened its like 30 bucks at the dealer i want to say lol its called the speed sensor
By asianrob
#102430 the hatch carpet can fit will a little modding. just easier to get 4dr carpet at the junker than hatch carper IMO
By chrono404
#102444 The Speed sensor could be the issue, I have had one that went bad on me. Could also be the speedometer unit in the Instrument cluster as well. I would try fixing the speed sensor first as that will be easiest.
By chrono404
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Where is the speed sensor on a B16?

It will be on the back side of the transmission towards the firewall. it sticks out of the transmission and has a harness clip on it. there is 1 long bolt and and 2 short ones. the 1 long one will let you take out the whole vss. the 2 small ones separate it in half.

Cant find any pics to explain it better sorry.

if you go to a junkyard, you can get the vss unit you need from any 92-95 Honda in the yard. be it Accord, Prelude, Civic, Integra, Vigor, Legend, as long as its 92-95 its OBD1 and will work with your car.
By DuhQbnSiLo
chrono404 wrote:
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Where is the speed sensor on a B16?

It will be on the back side of the transmission towards the firewall. it sticks out of the transmission and has a harness clip on it. there is 1 long bolt and and 2 short ones. the 1 long one will let you take out the whole vss. the 2 small ones separate it in half.

Cant find any pics to explain it better sorry.

if you go to a junkyard, you can get the vss unit you need from any 92-95 Honda in the yard. be it Accord, Prelude, Civic, Integra, Vigor, Legend, as long as its 92-95 its OBD1 and will work with your car.

i think my motor is ODB2... its a B16A2 from a 99-00 Si