Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Loaf31
#345092 I need to replace my power steering rack because it's leaking everywhere.
I hear somewhere that you can swap in a rack from a 93-01 integra cause' the steering ratio is better? Does anyone have info on this? also, does anyone have any clue on how to remove the B*tch pin? thanks!
By Loaf31
#345094 I already have the thing unbolted from the tie rods, I just need to find a way to pull it out.
By brandoff88
#345136 Easiest way is to drop the subframe to remove it, bitch pin is simple..get a valve cover bolt, the end fits right in without damaging it and hammer it out. Hope that helps. Don't know about the teg rack though.
By juls1488
#345142 get a 94-01 integra rack, its a shorter ratio lock to lock.
im currently using a gsr rack, but all of the integra racks are the same iirc.
there are a couple differences between the integra and civic racks. they mount up the same, but the integra rack has hard lines on the outside of it instead of the soft rubber ones the civic has, and the integra rack only has one return line instead of the two on the civic rack. in order to use the integra rack you need to delete one of you return lines. its easy enough to remove it and then plug the second hole in the reservoir, or just get an integra reservoir. theyre fairly cheap.
the way i swapped it out was without dropping the subframe
1) disconnect the shifter and the exhaust
2) pulled off all the tie rod,
3) disconnected the ujoint thats inside the car at the bottom of the steering column
4) disconnect both return lines and the pressure line from the rack
5) undo the 4 bolts that hold the rack to the car
6) crank the rack all the way to the passenger side so that it makes the drivers side part of the rack as short as possible and then lower that end down and then slide it out between the subframe and the control arm.
its trick y but you can do it that way.
install is the reverse.
By Loaf31
#345145 Thanks a bunch, guys! I don't feel confident in my abilities to swap in an integra rack. I'll just go with the civic rack. Thanks for the advice though! :thumb:
By Loaf31
#345198 There's just not enough room for me to slip it out uderneath the subframe brace, so I'm just gonna see if I can get the pin out.
By juls1488
Loaf31 wrote:There's just not enough room for me to slip it out uderneath the subframe brace, so I'm just gonna see if I can get the pin out.

use this http://importnut.net/rackswap.htm
it goes step by step and has pictures. tells you everything about the swap and how to drop the subframe.
good luck :thumb:
By Loaf31
#345233 The only problem now is getting that pin out.
I have a D15B7, so My valve cover only has nuts, not bolts.
By juls1488
Loaf31 wrote:The only problem now is getting that pin out.
I have a D15B7, so My valve cover only has nuts, not bolts.

Use one of the spring bolts from your exhaust. Its just the right size to punch out that pin.