Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By gabriel0422
#334156 i own a 94 honda civic lx sedan... currently has a Automatic tranny D16z6. . . i tried to recharge my AC but they said that my compressor was not holding the liquid thing. . my air comes on(obviously not cold) but it turns on can someone point me in the right direction to fixing this I live in cali and its hot too hot for my son so need this fixed some one help
By FG2_Andrew
#334159 your compressor is either shot or you have a leak in your line somewhere. rather expensive to fix unless you can snag a deal on a used compressor.

when you tried to recharge it with the Freon what was your process and did you hear it turn on?
By gabriel0422
#334162 i went to Jiffy lube and they said that the compressor light on their machine wont turn on
By Axix23
#334208 go to Honda, they will pull vaccum out and charge the Hight and Low side.
By bigJOE671
#334223 First thing is that your AC system is leaking. If its leaking there is no point in recharging your system (if you recharge it will all leak out) which will waste money.

What I would do first is find the leak. Now the way to go about that is to put some freon in your system and have a shop find the leak with a freon leak detector.

Second is to pull a vacuum on your system and it has to be -29.92psi. This makes sure there is no leak in your system. But is doesn't check for a high pressure leak. It also gets rid of moisture in the lines.

For more info read up----> http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1665946