Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanMAN
#324959 So i have a 92 civic sedan (d15b7) roughly 177k original miles. She does burn some oil. Afair amount of it at that, so therefore as you probably could imagine it smokes like a built cummins only its whiteish blue smoke and not black. So as im upgrading my oil to a heavier weight (10w-40), i find this stuff called No Leak/No smoke. It claims on the bottle, as well as from the clerk, that it should work to stop any blow by i might have as well as seal up my bad piston rings, at least until i get my tax check to go ahead and do a swap. There are other similar products i am very curious about like Risolene Compression Repair which looks to me like its just a super heavy weight oil like the No leak/ No Smoke. anybody ever try these products? or know anybody who has?
By brandoff88
#324975 trust me i tried that when i had bad rings and valve guides, works for about 2 days, then starts again, dont waste the money, and blueish white smoke usually means a leaky/blown head gasket..i would look at that first and do a compression test and take a look at oil/coolant :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#324979 definitely sounds like head gasket like brandoff said. check the compression numbers and go from there.

does is overheat?