Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By neo27ny
#272534 I bought one piece aftermarket headlights. They seem to be pointing down in front of the car, I don't see any adjustment on them. How do I adjust these? Also they don't fit correctly, is this an issue with aftermarket one piece lights? They stick out quite a bit instead of sitting back in like they are supposed to stock. I had trouble getting them in, basically I got them to go on with no room for aligning them. I'll see if I can find a pic.

These are the ones I have and an older pic of them in the car. You can see what I mean of how they stick out. Do you think stock two pieces would be a better fit?

By RWMIII
#272541 I think with ebay parts it is always going to be luck of the draw. I have seen some of these that fit really well, and some that stick out like yours do.
By kagedws6
#272561 I'm not 100% positive on this but I think the one piece are for the coupe/hatch and the 2piece are for the sedans kinda like if you use the fenders/bumper from a coupe on a sedan it doesn't line up correctly and you'll have gaps. maybe someone else can verify this
By asianrob
kagedws6 wrote:I'm not 100% positive on this but I think the one piece are for the coupe/hatch and the 2piece are for the sedans kinda like if you use the fenders/bumper from a coupe on a sedan it doesn't line up correctly and you'll have gaps. maybe someone else can verify this

they have them for each car.

OP how well did your original headlights fit?
By neo27ny
#272605 I can't say how well the originals fit. I got the car with front end damage. There was no bumper or anything and all the lights were held on with screws and duct tape, they were too damaged to reuse.
By Mr. Pink
#272638 can you tell if the core support has damage?
By RWMIII
neo27ny wrote:I can't say how well the originals fit. I got the car with front end damage. There was no bumper or anything and all the lights were held on with screws and duct tape, they were too damaged to reuse.

core support is probably bent.
By neo27ny
#272695 I replaced the core support.
By RWMIII
#272710 something isnt straight. Maybe it is just the picture but the passenger side looks like the bumper sits further out than the hood.
By neo27ny
#272812 I think it's the picture plus that is an older pic before I had everything lined up and tightened. I do believe the hood lines up straight with the bumper.
By kagedws6
#272830 do you have a newer pic so we can better see how it looks currently?

btw love the headlights :)
By neo27ny
kagedws6 wrote:do you have a newer pic so we can better see how it looks currently?

btw love the headlights :)

I can get a newer pic. You really like them headlights? I never cared for them I was just throwing the car together for a dd for work. This headlight set came with new bulbs and everything and are one piece thats why I bought them. figured with the one piece I would just be able to throw them in quick. I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow to pic up some stock headlights and corners. I'll prob sell these cheap just to get rid of them if someone wants to mess with them to get them to fit. I hate to just throw them out.
By neo27ny
#273677 Are coupe/sedan/hatch headlights interchangeable? I've gotten different answers doing searches.
By neo27ny
#273684 It seems they are all interchangeable according to a sticky on another forum.
I have a question I'll just post in this thread. I'm looking to get good lighting from my headlights. Would my best bet be HID's or some good bulbs? I've never seen a working HID setup in person. I have terrible night vision and need the best lighting I can get. I've bought those PIAA super whites for my gf's taurus and I wasn't impressed with them for the price. Anyway the setup will be in stock housings. Just wanted to get some opinions from people between HID and regular bulbs. If you are running an HID setup let me know how it is thanks.