Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RWMIII
asianrob wrote:
RWMIII wrote:and the headlights are the same between the hatch, coupe, and sedan. The corner lights are what differ. The hatch and coupe are the same, and the sedan is its own.

just to clarify

they headlights are supposedly different (per drawing from majestic honda)
but they bolt up the same. (same core support = same headlights)

but anyways they have different part numbers but fit the same. i think the only difference is where you adjust the headlights. but i havent seen one where it was different or why it was different.

1994 EX sedan
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... HT+%281%29

1994 EX coupe
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... HT+%281%29

minor difference same year.

just had to throw that out.

If you look closer at the 2 diagrams side by side, it appears that one diagram shows the adjusters installed, and one has it uninstalled :?
By neo27ny
#275743 Yea well I don't know. They are the same exact part number. They fit into my car just don't fit correctly. They bottom out on the core support before sliding in all the way making them stick out. I think it's poor quality on this aftermarket core support... :? I might just try to slot out the headlight sockets/core support a little bigger or where ever it's hitting. See if I can sink them in properly unless anyone has any ideas. Thanks.
By RWMIII
neo27ny wrote:Yea well I don't know. They are the same exact part number. They fit into my car just don't fit correctly. They bottom out on the core support before sliding in all the way making them stick out. I think it's poor quality on this aftermarket core support... :? I might just try to slot out the headlight sockets/core support a little bigger or where ever it's hitting. See if I can sink them in properly unless anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

I think you are on the right track with trimming out the areas to get them to fit. Only other suggestion that I have would be to get an OEM core support, or an aftermarket one that has a good rep for quality. I only suggest that because fitment issues bug the hell out of me. Just my 2 cents.
By neo27ny
#275748 Yea me too fitment issues drive me crazy. I don't really want to drop the money on an oem core support. I'll just see what I can do with the one I have. I think it's mainly the inside corners hitting, the threaded stud that bolts to the slotted bracket. I'm afraid if I grind out there what needs to be to make it fit I won't have anything to bolt to. I was thinking I could just put screws through the sheet metal into the plastic shroud depending on how much I have to take out.
By neo27ny
#276526 I ended up grinding quite a bit out to get my headlights to fit. I was going to just put a screw through the sheet metal into the plastic part with the stud but I had to cut all of that out to make it fit. Basically it's the inside edge that needs grinding, the socket cutout is alright but you have to trim all the sheet metal out removing the inside bracket that bolts to the corner of the light and cut into the socket hole. It's a pita too trying to get something in there. It's not pretty but once I get the inside corner secured somehow it will work fine. Just wanted to give a heads up though, I bought this cheap core support on amazon for like $100. I'll give the complete item description so you can check it out I would stay away from this part. Maybe I just got a badly molded one but figured I would warn you guys anyway. Here's the part description for amazon:

TKY HD30014A Honda Civic Replacement Radiator Core Support