Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By stussy_legend
#252240 hi everyone, i am having problems with my engine(D15B2) and my HID. and I had the same problems with my last EG as well, whch really annoys me. as they both drive perfectly, its just little problems like this annoy me.

right, here is the problem. first problem is when the engine is properly warmed up, once i turn the engine off, there are chances i cant turn it on straight away. especially in hotter weather like these days, it just got worse, it does crank, just wont start up. i had to wait for about 30 sec for it to cool down in winter, now under these temperature, i have to wait about a min to start up again. i have a new distributor(second hand), spark plugs and lead on my car, but still do the same. is it sth to do with the fuse in one of the rely(as i was told that could cause this problem, dunno which rely is it tho)?!

second problem is my HID, when the engine is off, turn just the side light on(one click on the stalk). HID doesnt come on, so thats all fine. but once the engine is running, when u turn the side light on, the HID also come on. i have had 3 different set of hid in 3 different cars(1 EK, 2EG). didnt have this problem on my old EK, but both the EG do. i have no idea whats going on here. maybe i have connected the circuit incorrect?!

thx in advanced.

Ric
By stussy_legend
#252308 yeah, i figured out its the main relay. thx

anyone with the HID?! someone suggested me to remove the resistor box. but i tried and after remove the box, the main beam doesnt work at all.