Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By *EvE*
#234874 some of my friends are telling me to get a new passenger side mirror but then i also have other friends telling me to sand paper the paint on the mirror and repaint it...(to me is just a big eye swore on the car and i want to get it fix asap)...it isnt falling off or anything but i was just wanting to know what is some of everyone elses opinions are fix the old one or just get a new one...thanks for your opinions in advance :)

By Stokes
#234877 I don't think picking another one up in better condition is that expensive TBH
By asianrob
#234909 thats up to you boss. picking up another power mirror from the junk yard or another member isnt going to cost probably more than 25 bucks in better condition or spend that 40 bucks on some spoon style mirrors. just saying. keeping options open.
By *EvE*
elrompetoto wrote:i know this mexican 4 2 12 pacs of corona he make that shit look brand new

you are so funny and i have manual mirrors instead of power so would it be difficult to convert to power mirrors???
By asianrob
#234921 if you have manual mirrors i'd just leave it manual mirrors.
By *EvE*
#234995 but the problem is it hard to go 2 a junk yard to find a passenger side maunaul mirror...and i have my mechanic telling me to use certifit and get a new maunaul mirror for 35 dollars...so im still not to sure about paying that for a mirror if i can just sand paper the mirror and repaint it
By neo27ny
#236703 I would just buy a new one or a set of new ones and just throw them on, but thats my opinion. I stay away from sanding when possible lol
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#236710 Sanding and painting is definately the cheapest way to go. But it has downsides. 1. It's February and cold so you'll need to do it inside somewhere. 2. If you just paint the base it may not match perfectly to the rest of the mirror. If you paint the whole thing it may match the other mirror perfectly. 3. Removing the mirror housing can be a bitch. I couldn't get mine to seperate. 4. It takes some time for paint to dry. To do it right should take a few days. It can be done in one day if you rush it, but I wouldn't.
Buying a replacement from a junkyard is a good idea. But I know that the junkyards here never have coupes or hatchback but do have sedans and the mirrors are NOT interchangeable. And you'll probably spend 20-30 bucks.
I just picked up some spoon replicas off eBay for $30. They fit great, look good and I had them installed in about 30 minutes. Also took just under a week to get here. About 4 business days I think.
But like everyone says, it's up to you.
By Ajax1989
#236726 1 downside to spoon reps
there hard to see out of..

when it comes to mirrors
its oem or go home imho

or heated powerfolding mirrors ftw!!!
By *EvE*
#247207 updated!!!!! i took off the old mirror and thanks 2 elrompetoto...me and my boyfriend (cmb-bb6) painted the 1 elrompetoto gave me and its on my car now!!!!yay!!!!

out with the old

and...
in with the new
By dbrooks
#247297 looks good!