Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cannouu
#201449 what is that thing called covering the spare tire? its very flimsy and the one in my 93 eg8 is in bad shape, has anyone made a homemade replacement one? im thinking to make one out of 1/2" plywood that covers the whole trunk so everything will be level
By 92civic_vx
#201452 i cut out 1/4" plywood and cut it it half to still have access to spare with out removing my sub
By cannouu
#201455 how hard was it, and did you cut it from front to back or side to side? also did you carpet it?
By 92civic_vx
#201473 didnt carpet it yet. i cut it so the half up next to the seat stays in place and my sub and amp are bolted to it, close to the trunk pulls out so i can get to the spare area. right now i dont have a spare so my toolbox sits in the hole lol.. my flimsy cardboard piece had a split in it to fold it up so i used that same split in my template
By deschlong
#201626 I recommend some strong corrugated plastic board -- better than plywood and way better than stock. In fact, the VX actually was given this as a stock 'lightweight' feature - probably to shave a few micrograms. :?