Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Classiccarsrule85
#190746 well the front bumper refers to older cars id say pre 80'sish because some 80s cars and still cars today mainly trucks tho have bumpers but our cars have front bumper covers and a bumper reinforcement bumper.....etc

so picture wise
Bumper style car

notice the bare bumper with nothing on it etc.....yes its part of the car but you take that off there is nothing protecting the car its structural etc....

bumper covers like i said above cover up the bumper or reinforcement bar in a stylistic way.

So to your question yes there is a difference and to be honest there are people who still dont know that there is a difference..
By EJ1STYLEN
#190751 ok..yea cuz i was lookin at ebay for a bumper and it was all coming up as a front bumper cover, so i didnt know it was a front bra or a bumber. Ok let me get it straight its a bumper but it doesnt have reinforcment like those foamy looking thing behind it right? front bumper cover is just a poly or fiberglass looking thing thats shape as a oem bumper right?...
By kinta94
#190752 A bumper cover is a fitting, typically made from plastic or fiberglass, that fits over the actual bumper of a vehicle. Bumper covers are available in a variety of colors and styles to fit specific types of vehicles. There are also universal bumper covers, which are designed to fit a wide range of vehicle types and styles.

Bumper Covers Reinforce the Safety of the Bumper

To understand the purpose of a bumper cover, it is necessary to understand the purpose of a bumper. Bumpers on vehicles are designed to help absorb the shock of a collision. This not only protects the passengers inside the vehicle, but it protects the individual parts of the vehicle as well---such as the grill, fender, taillights and headlights. The bumper cover works to strengthen the shock absorbency and protective features of the bumper itself.

do some research i just typed it into google and heres what i got hope this helps
By EJ1STYLEN
#190755 Thanks...ill do some searching on it