Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Ajax1989
#135322 Ok, this seems to be the most common question
"will a coupe/hatch front fit my sedan"
the answer is YES
but its needs to be modded

i know of 4 ways to do it
which are

#1[which i did]
Just put the bumper on and your gonna have to cut some new holes in the coupe/hatch bumper to line up with the sedan fender holes, the hood and the bumper dont match up and the fender and bumper dont match, so there is gaps and fitment issue.
pics
pics of fellow member White-eg8-girl

Get the coupe/hatch corners, hood, fenders and the bumper
and put it on, BUT you'll have a gap between the door the fenders
cause the coupe/hatch front end is shorter. sorry i could find any pics

The most common way is to
get the coupe/hatch bumper,fenders,corners,
and a extra pair of sedans fenders, then
you cut the sedan fenders and the coupe/hatch fenders in the throught the middle then you weld the front half of the coupe fender to the back half of the sedan fender.
i dont remeber bout the hood on doin it this way, i think its the sedan not 100% sure, sorry i couldnt find pics

I have only seen this once but you cut the grill part outta the coupe bumper and the cut the same outta the sedan bumper and took it a platic welder and they welded it. sorry i could find pics

But if anyone else has a diff way or if i might have left somethin out post it up
i hope this will answer everyones questions :thumb:
By SiWannabe
#141104 I'm doing #1, because this is a cheap project car/beater

However method #1, it seems that you need to use a coupe/hatch bumper support/bar, since when I test fit it with the sedan support there, it didn't fit.
By Apexracing
#141162 is the coupe/hatch hood the same as the sedan hood????
By Ajax1989
Apexracing wrote:is the coupe/hatch hood the same as the sedan hood????

no the sedan hood is 1/4 in longer then the coupe/hatch
By swich
#148423 i did #4 on mine...
By Ajax1989
#148497 do you have any pics of the process or any after pics, if so you can post it here for other to see :thumb:
By swich
#148936 sadly i dont have any pic's and the work was so clean you cant even see where they cut it.
By asianrob
SiWannabe wrote:I'm doing #1, because this is a cheap project car/beater

However method #1, it seems that you need to use a coupe/hatch bumper support/bar, since when I test fit it with the sedan support there, it didn't fit.

shouldnt be any difference in the bumper support. they are the same as the coupe. same as the rad support too

it should say on there SR3

plus my guy at Honda looked up the part numbers on it because he though they were different. turns out same part number same part.
By Ajax1989
#149729 i think i know another way, if you wanna have a rhd sedan, and want the coupe front end then buy the EG6 clip and do the conversion wit that clip and waaa laaa you have NO gaps and its rhd

but iono if the firewall's are the same
By Mr. Pink
#149733 my coupe front will be done saturday as well as my car being rust free.
By Ajax1989
#149734 take some pics of the process then post them on this tread and maybe this could be a sticky so newbs will stop asking :thumb:
By Mr. Pink
#149736 will be taking pics for sure, i am doing #3.
By SlowEG8
#176893 Doing number 1 when i get paid. will definitely take pics.

I might get a hatch parts car so ill do #2 maybe