New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By justinharris91
#345596 Hi everyone I have a 95 civic ex I want to do a b16 swap I'm a noon can someone take the the time and make me a list of the step I need to follow I plan on starting at h motors to get my power plant then what thank
By Leppy
#345598 Welcome to the forum, you can start here first.

Things to keep in mind: first gen B16's have cable transmissions, so you'd have to do a conversion from hydro or get a different transmission. newer gens (like from a 99-00 Si) are OBDII, so you'd have to rewire for OBDI for an EG.

You'd need the engine, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, axles, and mounts.

If you really want a B16, it'll take some work as it's not a straight bolt in. My advice would be to go GSR B18 or better if you want an easy B-swap that you can really enjoy. If money is an issue, get a B20 non-vtec and have fun with the extra torque.
By justinharris91
#345599 Yes I have been doing some reading I was going to go with the second gen b16 (hydro tranny).and every one has told me to do a b16 instead but honestly I've always wanted a b16 don't ask why....but any ways I'm kinda cautious but if you guys could refer me to some reputable part websites and maybe even a specific parts list that would be awesome I'm still learning how to work the forum.but anything will help
By Leppy
justinharris91 wrote:Yes I have been doing some reading I was going to go with the second gen b16 (hydro tranny).and every one has told me to do a b16 instead but honestly I've always wanted a b16 don't ask why....but any ways I'm kinda cautious but if you guys could refer me to some reputable part websites and maybe even a specific parts list that would be awesome I'm still learning how to work the forum.but anything will help

Hey, everyone likes different engines for different reasons. It's not always about power and speed, but sometimes about fun and enjoyment.

I'm pretty sure a B16 will be just like swapping in any B-series. You'll still need the mounts, B-series axles, and OBDI ecu and info on what you need to do to the wiring harness if anything.

I haven't done a B16 before, so hopefully someone else can chime in. I was able to swap in my B18 using mounts and axles from an integra and they've held up for the last 4 years.

I think there are a few discussion threads here about companies to buy motors from, too.
By justinharris91
#345607 U know for another 500 600 $$ I can get a b18. What r u r thoughts as far as a ls and a gsr I read the gsr had oil problems easy fix take the ls oil pump and switch Em out so wich is better. Here is what I'm looking for monster vtec popage lol... I want to smoke Mustang gt's and also have it very reliable and nice enough to Cruz with my gf in the car ( she hates my honda speed and anything to do with hondas..... thanks
By justinharris91
#345608 I can't stress how much I hate mustangs both of my buds got gt's and won't stfu it's time to shut them down all they do is talk shit