New members NEED to read the following:
'Rules & Guidelines' 'Using the Search Feature' 'Where should I post my Topic?' before posting on this forum!
By DrewB16
#274242 Hey guys,
I'm new to the site so just wanted to say hey and introduce myself and my Civic. I'm Andrew I'm 21 years old and from Cardiff, south Wales :) I drive a 94' LSI Coupe (D15B7 - soon to be B16A :D) will post pictures up asap!

Many thanks for having me guys :D
By DrewB16
#274244 [img][img]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/drew19870/Civic/216922_10150243175117051_551057050_8005157_4805590_n.jpg[/img][/img]

here are a few pics of my beast :)
By DrewB16
#274247 Image

Heres my B16a ready and waiting to go in :)
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#274248 welcome to the site man
By DrewB16
#274260 Cheers guys :) this may sound stupid but i need advice on a conversion any ideas where the best place to get info is? thanks
By illason
#274263 Nice car....
By DrewB16
#274265 sorry, I'm doing a D15B7 to B16A swap just want to make sure i have everything i need etc, thanks

Cheers illason :)
By poorman type-r
#274279 Well what all do you have? We can tell you what you still need.

Welcome to the site. I am not a fan of headlights like that, but damn your coupe looks good with them. :thumb: Start a build thread and keep us updated on this beast.
By DrewB16
#274370 Cheers poorman type-r :D

At the moment I have the engine, gearbox, ECU , and wiring loom, also wondering if i need to change driveshafts or engine mounts etc, any help is appreciated :)

cheers guys
By poorman type-r
DrewB16 wrote:Cheers poorman type-r :D

At the moment I have the engine, gearbox, ECU , and wiring loom, also wondering if i need to change driveshafts or engine mounts etc, any help is appreciated :)

cheers guys

From the top of my head I will write what you need.

-B16a
-Transmission
-ECU
-Wiring Harness
-Axles
-You can use the you can use the two side motor mounts from your D series (recommend you just get b-series ones though), but the back motor mount will need to be B-series.
-B-series shift linkage

That is all I can think of at the moment. It really isn't complicated at all. Have you swapped a motor before or is this your first time doing it?
By DrewB16
#274388 Wicked! thanks for the help.

No, this is my first conversion, my cousin is doing the swap for me and he knows what he is doing luckily we just need to know what we need and what we need to change etc.

sadly I dont think it will happen for a few months as i need to buy a clutch, manifold, distributor and the axles etc grrr but will update asap :)
By Punksz6
#274396 Welcome!! Nice Coupe! :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#274399 Just make sure that when you guys are doing the swap that you help out also. Because you can't learn anything by just watching you need to do hand-on work to remember. It took me 4 hours to change a headgasket the first time, but now I can drop a motor (poorman style) and put in the new motor and bolt it all up and have it running in about 6 hours. :thumb: . Good luck with the swap.