Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Reevear
#90387 lmao first time doing all this.
my friend nick and i wingin it.
comming together pretty well, hit a hard spot... the part the actual bumper support goes into is a little crunched dono what to do about it. and how to push the passenger side close to put core completely on...

any advice.
recents of today.

By blockustomz
#90390 hit that shit wit a big hammer.. lol
By Classiccarsrule85
#90391 Nice project looks like my si i had abit back had a project thread on that awhile back as well....what i did to the frame was i used a grinder with a cutting wheel on it made some line cuts in the frame where it was bent and slowly worked it so it was sorta straight again then i welded it back up and braced it with some more metal.....

but besides that looking good so far and you dont need the bumper support brace on there the real jdm cars and i think euros didnt even have that...
By Reevear
#90396 so it doesnt matter that support on the actual car is messed up?
i can just put the support on and bolt the bumper support to the core?

thanks for the replies.
By blockustomz
Reevear wrote:so it doesnt matter that support on the actual car is messed up?

thanks for the replies.

it should matter as long as other parts arnt damage.. if u dont make it str8 some parts may not line up as good like bumper and hood. just try to get it str8 as much as posible with hammers.. maybe heat it up a bit get that shit red and bend it back
By Reevear
blockustomz wrote:

thanks for the replies.

it should matter as long as other parts arnt damage.. if u dont make it str8 some parts may not line up as good like bumper and hood. just try to get it str8 as much as posible with hammers.. maybe heat it up a bit get that shit red and bend it back

oO. haha that would totally suck if i had a tilted ass bumper >< lol.

i have no garage i have been out in the freezin workin on it for 2 days lmao.

blow torch it?
By blockustomz
Reevear wrote:
blockustomz wrote:

thanks for the replies.

oO. haha that would totally suck if i had a tilted ass bumper >< lol.

i have no garage i have been out in the freezin workin on it for 2 days lmao.

blow torch it?

damn. give the blow torch a try but if its really cold it might not move so fast so keep trying youll get it.
By Reevear
#90408 haha yeah it sucks. but gotta get it done some how.
alright ill give it a try any other advice on gettin the support together
getting it align'd
how to pull both sides together.
By blockustomz
Reevear wrote:haha yeah it sucks. but gotta get it done some how.
alright ill give it a try any other advice on gettin the support together
getting it align'd
how to pull both sides together.

try tie down straps to bring both sides together.
By Reevear
#90413 the crank ones?

where would i even put the tie down at to bring it together?
its a tuffy im confused.
By blockustomz
Reevear wrote:the crank ones?

where would i even put the tie down at to bring it together?
its a tuffy im confused.

yea.. im not sure im just throwing ideas.. to be aonest id have to be there to figure it out.. start by bending it back then see if u need to align it.
By Reevear
#90417 its off like a half inch..
we have the support hooked up on the driver side and we were just testing it to see if it would bolt right up to the passenger and it wont its like you have to push the fenders together like half inch or quarter inch and it'll be legit and lined up...
By Classiccarsrule85
#90418 well i can tell you my si didnt line up completely you wont get it exact unless you had a true professional do it as long as the support is squared up and straight it should be good just make sure yo ucan get a good weld

but yea the key word there is straight cant be crooked or anything or everythings gonna be off....

And yea the part that didnt line up completely was the frame on mine the holes in the support didnt match up at all on the p side where it was hit but it was close enough and worked perfectly just like i said a good weld is key....
By Reevear
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:well i can tell you my si didnt line up completely you wont get it exact unless you had a true professional do it as long as the support is squared up and straight it should be good just make sure yo ucan get a good weld

but yea the key word there is straight cant be crooked or anything or everythings gonna be off....

And yea the part that didnt line up completely was the frame on mine the holes in the support didnt match up at all on the p side where it was hit but it was close enough and worked perfectly just like i said a good weld is key....

it would all line up perfectly if i could just find some kinda way to bring the passenger side frame in a hair. the driver side lines up with every single hole. as would the passenger if it was just pulled in. i mean it wasnt that bad of a hit. it poped outta gear on top of a hill that was prolly 2 car lengths with a slight slope so it couldnt of gone to fast to hit it but i understand where you are comming from. i appericate all the advice and replies btw. :thumb:
By Reevear
#90974 Image

support is now on.
driver side is lined up like perfectly!
passenger side is giving us problems like the bitch it is...
i might need frame shop now unless anyone has ideas...
it seeems like the passenger side frame needs to be pushed down and in a little like 1/4 inch.