Technical Topics specific to the Del Sol body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By fatcoupe
#183749 sooo! i recently traded my grocery getting for a b20 swapped ej1 (good deal) the shell is DIRTY :x so ima take my solid b20swap and put it in my CLEAN STOCK (totally unmolested) 93 del sol...hoping to acomplish this next week but ill keep it posted...just excited ! its not rlly a build either so figured i would put it here...let me know wat u think :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#183752 well kinda is if your working on a car its technically a build lol.....but sounds good tho goodluck finding a clean shell for a decent price....
By 3kkl3sia
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:well kinda is if your working on a car its technically a build lol.....but sounds good tho goodluck finding a clean shell for a decent price....

john, he has a un-molested del sol shell....
By chrono404
#183761 You should make a build thread for it anyways just showing how to do A B Series swap into a Delsol.

B20's are Amazing, I just swapped one into my EK Hatch. It will make that Delsol come to life. :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#183790 Sounds like a good plan to me. :woot: pics pics and more pics
By fatcoupe
#185756 here's some pics..not too many, gf has more on her phone and so does my buddy.

pretty standard stuff (i think...first swap)
disconnected all electrical plugs first (after removing battery of course)
pushed everything out of the way and chained her up.
disconnected the coolant hoses and pulled the radiator.
disconnected the shift linkage.
took the tires off, took apart the brake assembly and pulled the axles
swapped the ecu's

here's ma buddy chaining up the d15b1.

after putting a hair of tension on the hoist (ya i was lucky to use one) slowly undid the mounts, and worked her free. (was semi-difficult mainly because stuff was every.
this is when we finally got the mounts undone and began to pull it out.

after a few hours of slight movements we finally pulled it free and threw it on the ground (hole in block, the connecting rod was twisted like crazy
:wink: )

so with that out of the way we moved to pull the b20 (no time to clean as i wanted it done asap) the b20 in the eg coupe was heavily tucked so we had everything unhooked and pulled within an hour or so. we dangled the b20 down (and with about 3 hours of maneuvering it) bolted it in. still piecing it all back together but shes bolted in and almost done.

d-series hood shot (d15b1)

and b-series hood shot (b20b) ((this was before we installed the greddy 4-2-1 sport header :P ))

il post more when i can actually drive it :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#193398 yep, this site is dead...if anyone cares lol i got the car running and drivin, a few issues to work out such as my gank shift linkage and a ghetto rigged radiator fan.
By chrono404
#193422 Its awesome you got your B20 Delsol Running. What did you do to your shift linkage? weld in 2" onto the one from the Coupe? Did you have to get the Delsol VTEC rear T Bracket mount?

Congrats on having a B20 powered Delsol. I will be there in a month or so.
By forcefedEG
#193424 what trans are you running? are you happy with the sol's performance with the b20? i loved mine, lots of fun...
By fatcoupe
#193543 gsr tranny, as for the bracket, i could use one of those or i could just use the one i got, i have to rebolt it on but ima just use that to save $. as far as performance i havnt laid into it cuz i did weld onto the shift linkage (well a buddy of mine did) so currently looking for a b series del sol shift linkage. its my first swap and has taken me over a month to get under control, i think im finally nearing the finishing touches. i hope anyways :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#194366 i guess heres a teaser, was just fiddle farting around with it. going in the morning to hopefully finish this build once and for all...but during this swap iv said that alot x.x

By fatcoupe
#198376 so i got this thing running and driving a few weeks ago, had ALOT of help from a buddy of mine who lended me abunch of parts. this weekend my gf will be on a vacation so hoping to get some small things done and clean it all around. took it to the car wash and made it shine...the flaws aren't big but to me they are, few rust bubbles over wheel wells and one tiny spot on truck. sweeped it out but thats as far as it goes with cleaning the interior so far, this weekend gonna make it shine all over and hopefully take a ton of pics before it gets dirty again.
By fatcoupe
#218281 soo been forever but i got this thing down pat...went with a hasport shift linkage. and slapped a b16 head on it. runs great.but then i wrecked it..so saving up some money to repair. need a core support, bumper, hood, lights, and if i can afford it 2 fendors