Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By matt is (eg6)
#120909 check around at local shops and stuff....what dohc are you looking for????
By DJSilkie
#120932 As a response to the above post and an update for all of you, I have done my research and have decided on a motor.

I will be swapping my d15b7 matchbox econo-motor for a b18c Type-R from the Type-R Integra of my Civic's year, 1995.

The website I found the motor was a JDM online shop that was very impressive looking and had a lot of motors in stock, but they were very expencive. It stated on the website that the motor (with the tranny and everything) will cost just shy of $4k. Is there a cheaper sorce for the same engine brand new?
By DJSilkie
#125622 Ok update time.

I've decided to hold off the engine swap until later. The D15 I have works it just needs a tune-up. And all the little things need to be replaced. Which is all happening now.

I got my mechanics and shop all lined up and ready for the projects to come. A small "team" has been established that will be modding my ride with me.

So, The step I'm on right now is to purcahce a fresh "new" set of all the wiring in my dashboard.

I'll start a new thread in the "Chassis - Electrical" baord. So talk to me there about it or PM me. I'm looking for the wiring harness that goes in the dashboard. It plugs into the ECU, fuse box, climate control, ignition, everything in the front end of the car pretty much. So if you have one, let me know.

Here's the link to the other topic about the dash harness...
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=125620#125620

After I get a new wiring harness and everything is plugged in, I'll be re-building the engine somewhat. It already runs and is in great shape, but all the gasgets, bushings, fluids, filters, and tubes will be replaced with new stuff.

Once all the new goodies are purchaced and the engine is torn down, I will clean and re-paint anything I had painted before with fresh high quality finishes. I'll still use the same engine-proof heat resistant paint.

The last thing to do to get it running is customize the engine harness to tuck the bay. The new battery will be placed in the trunk, and wired when the engine is being re-built.

But, for now, I REALLY need that wiring harness guys. (it MAY even be TWO wiring harnesses I'm not sure)
By Ajax1989
#141404 bump!!

any updates?? :thumb: