Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By F22Civic
#133575 Less than 300hp from a modern V8 is pretty pathetic IMO. Yea it can be modded but that means you will have to spend even more money to get decent power out of it after you swap it in.....
You can get the same horsepower from a tuned K20 and it will be 20times less work to swap in a K20 and you will get twice the gas mileage with a tuned K20

not to mention that FWD V8 is gonna suck in a civic
By Greasedmonkey
F22Civic wrote:H22 is a pretty easy swap plus you can find the engine and trans for around $1400 or less.
The mounts can be found on ebay for around $80 shipped and don't listen to people who say not to trust those mounts because they can take anything you throw at them they are super durable.
If you want a swap that will make you keep up with some of the newer cars, you will need an H or a K.
B series are great... BUT look at all the new cars, family sedans now run 14s stock, inexpensive sports cars now run 13-12sec range STOCK. a stock or even mildly modded B isn't going to keep up

Not sure why you think that but a mild build on a b series is pretty quick. Mine should be at 200 to the wheels when done. There are two other members on this site with mild builds as well. Both are 175 or more. That is a good amount of power in the light hatches the motors are in. My stock ls swap ran a 14.
By egsedanguy
#133643 the v-8 thing is more show than anything.. like yall said, 300hp v-8 vs. 200hp I4bseries.. i say 100hp less it would still smash the v-8.. it ways more and it will just spin the shit out the tires... lol.