Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDM-NYC
#50262 :? Ok i have a 1993 honda civic coupe. With a D16 vtec motor. When i purchased the car it was really hard to get the car in gear. i dnt know what that problem was. So one day i was driving and it got stuck in 2nd gear. and i forced it out and then the clutch was done. So i bought a new tranny, and a new clutch. My friend installed them and when he was done. I drove the car. And i still felt that there was a lil pull back when u put the car into a gear. But it wasnt as bad as be for. I drove around my block. Went in reverse. then when i went to put it in 1st. It jus reved. and it woudlnt drive in any gear. And the car can go in 1st to reverse without pushing the clutch when its on and off. Some one told me it was my slave cylinder.....but i have no clue. What could it be?
By stefan
#50278 Hmm, I don't really know something like 'tháts it!', but it's probably something like this; your clutch is disengaged all the time, just like when you push in the pedal.
Maybe something got stuck when you put into first after reversing.
Where? dunno, but here are a few theories about what it MIGHT be;
- clutch pedal sticks,
- clutch master or slave cylinder sticks,
- clogged up or blocked clutch lines (unlikely tho),
- broken release bearing (does something rattle?),
- burned flywheel causing the clutch to burn (forming a glass-like surface, like brake pads do when they overheat) so it slips ALL the time (does/did it smell?).

Look into these things, and get back at us with the answer :)
By JDM-NYC
stefan wrote:Hmm, I don't really know something like 'tháts it!', but it's probably something like this; your clutch is disengaged all the time, just like when you push in the pedal.
Maybe something got stuck when you put into first after reversing.
Where? dunno, but here are a few theories about what it MIGHT be;
- clutch pedal sticks,
- clutch master or slave cylinder sticks,
- clogged up or blocked clutch lines (unlikely tho),
- broken release bearing (does something rattle?),
- burned flywheel causing the clutch to burn (forming a glass-like surface, like brake pads do when they overheat) so it slips ALL the time (does/did it smell?).

Look into these things, and get back at us with the answer :)

Awsome awsome dude. will do the guy that put it in is ganna look at these thinngs. Ill get back to you
By JDM-NYC
#51198 OMg...you knwo wut it was... i snaped a axle! lol its fixed now but thanks for ur input!
By KRYSTED9354
#51199 axle LOL how bad was it ?
By id3379
JDM-NYC wrote:OMg...you knwo wut it was... i snaped a axle! lol its fixed now but thanks for ur input!

a $50 axel for the price of a tranny and clutch :thumb:
By JDM-NYC
id3379 wrote:
JDM-NYC wrote:OMg...you knwo wut it was... i snaped a axle! lol its fixed now but thanks for ur input!

a $50 axel for the price of a tranny and clutch :thumb:

No, lol my tranny DID go. And my clutch thouht the people who put my tranny and clutch in didi it rong. Went i went to test drive it when they were done. thats when i broke the axle. And i thouht it was the clutch