Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By MI_excoupe
#45276 thanks man.. much appreciated.
By hondalowlow
BAXTER_EJ1 wrote:Not really ricer if you actually auto-x and need them :eh:

ok then get a 4pt cage.
By MI_excoupe
#45557 cant really afford a 4 pt cage right now.. i have no job at the time being..
By lil-evil
#48329 I have looked into this over the past while and here are some of my findings which might interest some people

In a crash the seats are not designed for a vertical force to act on the backs. the harnesses however impart a vertical forc on the seats and crush and bend the backs. and as you are held into the seat by the harness that force is imparted to your spine and other areas.

Also in a crash with a four point harness it is more likely to slip off your shoulders and you get launched forward. I you still want to use a harness with your standard seats a 3 point will reduce the likelyhood of this happening.

I also found something interesting out that the standard seats in scoobies despite having holes in the back are not designed for use with harnesses. in a crash the back of the seat just snaps if harnesses are being used.

Then It is inadvisable to use harnesses without the use of a rollcage. As seatbelts are designed to let you slip out one side in the even of the car rolling over. Whereas if you are wearing harnesses you are held in position in the seat adn if the car rolls and the roof collapses it can crush your skull and neck.