Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By OmarG
#47463 *Update*

I finished the install the other day, (I had to grind the bolts off in front of the cat then drop the whole exhaust down and grind the ones behind it off. ) once I got the stock exhaust off, I grabbed a steel pipe and hammered through my cat. once I hollowed It out I bolted it back up and slapped it on the car. it took me nearly a whole week to get the stock exhaust off and only 35 minutes to put the new one on. (hollowing the cat included)

for the most part the car sounds great now. a little loud, but it has a nice tone, not like a balloon having it's air released slowly. mission accomplished!
By chrono404
#47471 'Grats on putting on your performance Exhaust. If you have yet to get a aftermarket performance header. Do so asap. It makes your exhaust sound so much better. It also pulls much better. Highly recommend it :thumb:
By OmarG
#47502 I am definitely going to be doing that soon. I'm going to be doing a B series swap in the coming year, would the headers just transfer over to the new engine?

I'm not looking to spend more than 150 bucks on them atm though, is Ebay a safe way to go for the time being?
By OmarG
#48077 :bump:

also, goodies:

By chrono404
OmarG wrote:I am definitely going to be doing that soon. I'm going to be doing a B series swap in the coming year, would the headers just transfer over to the new engine?

I'm not looking to spend more than 150 bucks on them atm though, is Ebay a safe way to go for the time being?

eBay Headers will do you just Fine until you swap your B in. I have eBay headers I bought off someone second hand for the Cheap, He even threw in a New 4wire o2 Sensor :thumb:

This will easily do the Job.(if this has closed by the time people go there. It it just a regular 4-2-1 Stainless Steal header for 19.99 and 39.99 Shipping.)
By CivicTypeR
#48094 Get a hair cut.

How big is that bore? :shock: I could just fit my head in it. :jerkbow:
By OmarG
SlipCivic wrote:Get a hair cut.

How big is that bore? :shock: I could just fit my head in it. :jerkbow:

lol. It's a 5" tip with 2.5" piping. yea. I know. way too big. I have noticed a nice gain with it on though + the hollowed out cat helps too.

:EDIT: OMG! I just realized what the last smiley is!
By B18cDelSlo
#48097 wow that muffler is huge. haha

D-series headers will not fit on a B-series

You would have to get a b-series header if you did a swap. Or you could just be a baller and get a ITR swap and you won't need a header! The stock ITR header rocks.

I have the OBX twin loop on my 2000si and it's quiet until you are at hwy speeds and then is just starts to hurt.

I have skunk2 megapower on my del sol and with the silencer you can't here the exhaust at all. That's with no cat, 99 spec ITR header, and a GSR swap
By B18cDelSlo
#49004 I hope you can weld haha. I have heard some pretty bad things about that kind of stuff
By OmarG
#49006 DO TELL!

what happened?
By CivicTypeR
#49008 Snap...
By k0rean4life
teal_dx wrote:The cheap exhausts will usually have the packing burn out after some time, making them get very loud. But as mentioned, you can always keep the mid pipe and upgrade the axle back down the road :thumb:

Word to that.
By OmarG
#50138 so what happened to the headers?

they became unwelded?