Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By PaPaSmURf
#223839 My rack and pinion in by 94 coupe is going any suggestions ? is there a light weight one or a nice place on the internet to get it cheap ? its has power steering.
By 95c1v1c
#223846 I've had mine on craigslist for about a yearand no takers. Try craigslist
By 95c1v1c
#224721 You gotta get the subframe with the rack too...or it won't fit
By PopKorn689
#224738 Are del sol and hatch back subframes the same? I know it might sound like a newb question but I got a coupe and want to do the power to manual swap and just want to make sure i get the right stuff.

Last edited by PopKorn689 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
By 95c1v1c
#224867 The two manual racks are the same, you will need the subframe from the delsol.
By PopKorn689
#224913 So you are saying the Hatch back one wont work? And also what about the sway bar what would you do about that because no one ever mentions it?

Last edited by PopKorn689 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By 95c1v1c
#224980 All eg civics and 3rd gen integras will work and are interchangeable with delsols. The swaybar won't fit if it isnt on your car already...you will need the lower a arms and bushings and brackets and parts from a civic ex to make that work...a dx-lx-ex 4 door might have the right stuff...don't know. I think ek stuff works too.
By PopKorn689
#225117 Well I know in order to use a manual rack you have to have a manual sub frame and vise versa so I just wanted to double check my facts.

Last edited by PopKorn689 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
By 617ej1
#225292 i got a ps rack n pinion.wit innner tie rods.. lmk if interested
By myegcoupe
#225342 The manual rack and pinion will fit but you will need to shim the metal straps holding it to the crossmember, The manual rack is much skinnier. I did this before and its a big improvement. Be weary of the roll pin holding the linkage on the the transmission when you pull the old one. :P
By 92lhdsiconvo
#225351 throw the roll pin out and replace it with a bolt. way easier and dont worry of it coming out.
By PopKorn689

roll pin?

Last edited by PopKorn689 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By myegcoupe
#225410 I agree with 92lhdsiconvo :thumb:, use a bolt.
By myegcoupe
#225416 Its a little hollow tube with a splt down the side, when you squeeze it and put it in a hole it tries to expand out to its origianal size which is what holds it in place. Usually people call it a spring pin because of how it works. Invest in a skinny punch and a hammer. Hit the flat part on the either edge until you can force it out the other side.

When you put it all back together just put the same size bolt and locking nut in its old place.

And shazam, no more headache the next time you have to take the linkage off. :)