Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By imtyson
#214917 so i was thinking about getting another coupe for 1400. it has a ls swap and headers. i asked him if check engine light was on? he replied yes. i asked him if his tags are good he said no. so i asked him would it pass emissions? he replied he passed emissions last year and they have it in the computer as him passing emissions.

i was wondering would this be true? cause i dont know if im getting jewed if i pick up this car or not.

also i asked him whats the check engine light on for? he replied all swaps have check engine light on, but i can show you a way to bypass it to pass emissions.

i know that not all swaps have check engine lights on so i know thats a false statement. but can you really pass just by bypassing the check engine light?

please give me your input on this. i need a daily driver for school.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#214929 The LS swap if done correctly should have no CEL on. I ran my coupe with a LS swap for well over 5 years and through 3 motors and never had a CEL unless a real problem was happening.

I also was able to pass the sniffer with no issues, one year they actually ran it twice because the output was so low they thought i did something to the car to make the readings that low. Just a good cat and make sure the its not running super rich or anything.

You might ask for the code that is being outputted so you can confirm its nothing super serious, or it might be something simple as a wire cut/missing/pulled etc ...