Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95c1v1c
#213316 My last civic had the squeek at idle, you would barely touch the clutch and it would go away. I'm not convinced the tranny is on the way out...I drove mine another 150000 miles with no performance or shifting issues whatsoever, I sold the car in perfect working order at 222000 miles on original clutch.

You really notice it in the drive thru don't you? Maybe you can save money by not worrying about changing it..just speaking from experience in the matter.
By StylezEG
95c1v1c wrote:My last civic had the squeek at idle, you would barely touch the clutch and it would go away. I'm not convinced the tranny is on the way out...I drove mine another 150000 miles with no performance or shifting issues whatsoever, I sold the car in perfect working order at 222000 miles on original clutch.

You really notice it in the drive thru don't you? Maybe you can save money by not worrying about changing it..just speaking from experience in the matter.

Yeah man that's exactly what's going on with mine.. I saw a few people online who are having the same problem I just hate hearing the noise so I rather just swap the tranny for a better one if I'm gonna do all that work just to change a bearing or whatever. :? I might just ride it out for a few months hopefully it won't get worse... I'll get a build thread going in a few days. 8)
By StylezEG
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:
StylezEG wrote:
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:just take the trans mount off your transmission

dont know how much the ek trans mount is as i never owned an ek lolnever will i hate obd2

but yea just swap your trans mount over and yea as long as the trans comes from a 96-2000 honda civic D series then it will bolt right in...

Okay... so if I buy the Si trans off CL I will need to buy the mount seperately correct?

like i said before just use the m0ount on your transmission that you have just unbolt it off and rebolt it back on the si if you get it....if you have it no need to buy it dont spend money if you dont have to....

Ohhh sorry I must have misunderstood what you said... Now I see. Thanks for that input!! :thumb:
By 95c1v1c
#213336 Mine never got worse...it just had a little character for the whole time I had it.
By Datsmart
#213339 You don't need a new transmission.
Sounds like your Pilot Bushing is dry. Needs a finger dab of grease.
You will need to separate the trans from the fly-wheel, dab a bit of grease on the end of the input shaft, then shove the trans back on the engine/fly-wheel. Still a fair size job, but shouldn't cost you anything but time.
By StylezEG
#213346 ^^Well that's the good news I like to hear. :woot: I'll just ride with the noise for a while until I decide to do something about it :lol: Or until I get my hands on a EX Tranny for cheap cheap. I know I don't need it but I would rather have a better tranny with shorter gear ratios. :twisted: :hehe: