Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JDM_EK2
#139620 getting a coupe in a week or two

1.The back lock for the boot is fucked,Now I have a doner EG5 (will be using the breaks and engine from this car)can I replace all the locks with the locks from the EG5 or will this cause problems

or

would I be better off to find a jdm one in a scrap
yard (I live in Ireland so there ten a penny) and change all the locks to jdm ones also to do this would I have to remove the ECU and replace it with a jdm 1.5 vti one

2. The z6 from the EG5 is burning oil but the coupe has a freshy rebuilt bottom end would the vtec head work on the non vtec bottom end also the EJ2 has a no name air intake on it would the standard airbox work better

3. are the plate recesses the same for the saloon and the coupe if not would anybody be willing to sell me a USDM Plate recess in a few weeks
By Method
#139675 just change all the locks, including the ignition. i don't see a problem if switching all of them.
By d4rk13l4de
#139837 the intake tube itself would most likly be fine, what i would do if i where you just get a good filter like an aem or k&n and swap out the filters
By asianrob
JDM_EK2 wrote:getting a coupe in a week or two

1.The back lock for the boot is fucked,Now I have a doner EG5 (will be using the breaks and engine from this car)can I replace all the locks with the locks from the EG5 or will this cause problems

or

yard (I live in Ireland so there ten a penny) and change all the locks to jdm ones also to do this would I have to remove the ECU and replace it with a jdm 1.5 vti one

2. The z6 from the EG5 is burning oil but the coupe has a freshy rebuilt bottom end would the vtec head work on the non vtec bottom end also the EJ2 has a no name air intake on it would the standard airbox work better

3. are the plate recesses the same for the saloon and the coupe if not would anybody be willing to sell me a USDM Plate recess in a few weeks

1 you can change all locks plus ignition to the JDM one or anyother one.. it wouldnt matter. just have to use that key.
you wouldnt need to use the other ECU if you change locks.

2. Yes you can do that its called Mini ME. theres write ups all over the place. search it. theres tons of them i promise, AN INtake is and Intake they all do the same... filters are different story.

3 the recesses look to be the same. but dont quote me on that.
By JDM_EK2
DC4rob wrote:
JDM_EK2 wrote:getting a coupe in a week or two

or

1 you can change all locks plus ignition to the JDM one or anyother one.. it wouldnt matter. just have to use that key.
you wouldnt need to use the other ECU if you change locks.

2. Yes you can do that its called Mini ME. theres write ups all over the place. search it. theres tons of them i promise, AN INtake is and Intake they all do the same... filters are different story.

3 the recesses look to be the same. but dont quote me on that.

Thanks man :thumb: