Photoshopped images & requests, show off your Photography
By Vti93T
#201051 true true
By DontHateonEG8
#203123 75-300 is really a good choice. i got mine off a buddy when i bought his 300D. I just upgraded to T2i and i really like it.
I'd really recommend getting image stabilized (IS) lenses because its hard to keep the hand still when taking the pic.
a UV filter is a good choice too for the above said reason.

later down the road you should pick up a tripod and a flash. sometimes the stock flash doesnt cut it.

You will like your Rebel! :)
welcome to the canon fam.

BTW
Canon > Nikon anyday :thumb:
By Vti93T
#203146 eh..I never shoot with Flash so getting one would be a waste of money that I could spend on lenses...I was testing out my bf's step mom's lens..it's the 50-250 mm I think..It was alright..good for what it does.
By DontHateonEG8
Vti93T wrote:eh..I never shoot with Flash so getting one would be a waste of money that I could spend on lenses...I was testing out my bf's step mom's lens..it's the 50-250 mm I think..It was alright..good for what it does.

there are times when you wish you have a larger lens :)
By Vti93T
#203155 oh well..I'll probably get a good zoom lens when I get the camera but I'll probably get the 50mm first
By Chance
DontHateonEG8 wrote:Nikon>All anyday :thumb:
By Vti93T
#210876 So I've been researching lenses and asking photo friends what they recommend and everything.

Well I've been thinking about getting the 50mm. I've heard people tell me just to get the 1.8 because it's cheap and then I've had people tell me to get the 1.4 because it's a better quality. But I've also heard that it's not going to be sharp. One friend told me that the 50mm is nice but you have to "know" what you are doing. Anyway, I'm not sure which one to get..the cheap one and save up for a different style lens or get the expensive one :-/

Here's the two

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... focus.html

^ $349

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... f_1_8.html

^$99.95

Moving on...I was talking to two of my friends about eventually picking up a wide angle lens. Well one friend recommended getting a 10-22mm wide angle

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3 ... 5_USM.html

^$770...ugh

It's a nice lense..She also recommended getting the Tokina one since it's a little cheaper and she said it's better quality.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5 ... 124AF.html

^$499.95

So I'm really wanting everyone's input on these. What would be a good 50mm to get and what would be a totally badass wide angle lens? Thanks

-Confused
By Gorveatt
#216968 Katie I'm a little late on this, and don't know if you've purchased any lens's yet, but I have the 50mm f1.8, and love it, yes the f1.4 is better quality, but here's some shots i took with the f1.8

All in all I love this lens, it's great, simple, and fucking cheap.

But i'd have to say my favorite lens that I have is my 28-135mm IS Ultrasonic. love that lens
By Vti93T
#224350 well guess I won't be getting a camera for christmas..Bf's dad decided instead of getting his wife a better camera, he's getting her another gun :( Oh well.
By DontHateonEG8
Vti93T wrote:well guess I won't be getting a camera for christmas..Bf's dad decided instead of getting his wife a better camera, he's getting her another gun :( Oh well.

:'(
By *Miss_Honda*
Vti93T wrote:well guess I won't be getting a camera for christmas..Bf's dad decided instead of getting his wife a better camera, he's getting her another gun :( Oh well.

I steal it for you!
If i knew this, i had send you my old 350D
By Vti93T
#224459 :(
By DontHateonEG8
*Miss_Honda* wrote:

I steal it for you!
If i knew this, i had send you my old 350D

350Ds for the win!!! still have mine and it still kicks ass!!