Photoshopped images & requests, show off your Photography
By ShEfA
#192455 Hi all :)

I am new to photography and I am eager to learn and take good photos. I read all kinds of stuff on the internet, and try to understand what I read, but English is not my native language and some thinks are left behind in translation.

I asked a few people around here if they can share some techniques with me, but I didn't get much. One guy tried to explain the basics, which I already know, and I appreciate that info he gave me, but I need more. I want to know how to take that good picture of my car in a garage, or a nice photo of the EG late into the night, or one in the middle of the day, but perfectly balanced. A perfect photo for me is when the car is sharp and clear, no highlights lost, no shadows lost. :) Unfortunatelly I get those a lot - no sharpness of the object, there are too bright or dark spots and etc.

So, the best way for me to learn is to see a great picture and then the exif data, the setting used for that specific photo to be that good! Like what aperture, white balance, shutter speed, ISO and all the data I can get my hands on :) This would help me and other learn much faster.

I do realize, that this is a way for some people to make profit, but I am not one of them - I want to take good photos and share my knoledge with others so they can get there faster.

Well.. this is it, if you don't think sharing these details would harm you in any way... go ahead. :) Posting a camera and lense model would help even more, because others would know what to buy to get good result. :)

I am using Nikon D5000 with KIT 15-55 3.5-5.6

I am looking forward to your input! :)