Relating to the site
By Sincere
#223532 LMFAO!!!! wow that is just hideous on all levels I cannot believe someone actually spent there hard earned money on some BS like that rice picture and whats crazy is thats probably over 20k in body work
By poorman type-r
#224001 Alright so for your b16/18/and h22 question.

B16's have good tranny's but aren't much faster than a d16z6, even though it is still debated that a z6 stock can beat a b16 stock that just shows you how close they are, so not much of an improvement, unless you get a b16b which is considered a stock Honda race motor.

B18's beat a B16 in everyway besides redline and trans. unless you have the LSD tranny from the b18c or ( b18c5 which can rev to 9.5k stock, so that's better than the b16a). They have more torque, horsepower, and displacement.

H22's are known as the big block motor because they weigh so damn much and they have a horrible tranny from what I have heard, so if anything get the h2b kit so you can run a b16 tranny. They have awesome top-end but its up to you on whether you are willing to spend all that money to get that motor running in your hatch or not.

Also, make sure you don't have emission laws and can go get it barred and smogged because it would sucked to get your hood popped and get a ref ticket and have to put in your stock motor. That's only if you have laws like we do in Cali.

Hope this helps. :thumb:
By Sincere
#224002 Yea washington is no where near as bad as Cali when it comes to all the laws. I was going to probably but a high flow cat just to be safe. Im just going through so many ideas i definitely want turbo and most people say a B18B is the best choice because you really dont need VTEC what do you and everyone on the forum think (question to all) What is the best motor to boost?
By Flatland_EG
speedracer1094 wrote:This is rice

There's more fiberglass on this thing than metal!![/quote]

Actually that's all metal, at least the majority. I remember reading an article on this car and the entire kit is formed from sheet steel. Props for craftsmanship, poops for looks. :)
Regardless though, it's considered rice or purely show.

I think rice is also an attitude as well. Driving like an ass hat in traffic, weaving between cars, revving up on people who are normally just minding there own damn business and generally just being a douche bag with your car when you have virtually nothing worthwhile done to it. You don't have to drive an import to be a ricer, hick pipes on a lifted truck are a good example of that. You hear the pipes and you expect to see a vehicle go flying by at 100 mph and when you actually look there only going like 20. That would be considered domestic rice aka rednecks. :lol:
By Ajax1989
Sincere wrote:Yea washington is no where near as bad as Cali when it comes to all the laws. I was going to probably but a high flow cat just to be safe. Im just going through so many ideas i definitely want turbo and most people say a B18B is the best choice because you really dont need VTEC what do you and everyone on the forum think (question to all) What is the best motor to boost?

ls(b18b) is best for boost imo

my old honda teacher from school told me that its better to boost on non vtec motors then vtec motors, everyone has there own opnions but someone that worked for honda for 22yr im gonna believe over someone that hasnt 8)
By Honda4life
#224027 I agree with what is being said lol. If you really wanna go turbo and go with a b series , go Ls turbo . The Ls has enough tourqe and just not top end as far as v-tec. Ls is a good platform for boost. Ls motors are not to expensive and you can bar that no problem depending on your laws out their and as long as you run everything right. I myself own a 92 si hatch and have had a b16 and now I'm running a brand new rebuilt d16z6 motor and plan on goin turbo as soon as I break it in. Hey dare to be different , the scene is forever evolving and will change at some time and trends are being set and so watevr you feel suits you best and is your style do it. Just don't be all ricer like the previous statements in the last post replies. Good luck
By Sincere
#224038 Thanks alot guys i really appreciate all the help and guidance.
By OleFolk
#224052 You just got alot of really good advice

Boosting non vtec motors is more realistic
Boosting a Vtec motor is like giving meth to someone with a pacemaker
By poorman type-r
#224054 It depends though, are you looking for major horsepower? If you are just looking to get 230whp or a little bit more than go b20b stock. If you want more power you can always sleeve it.

B18b- 9.2 CR
B20b- 8.8 CR also no replacement for displacement you already have the 2.0L :thumb:

Its personally up to you.
By Sincere
#224057 I want to be in the 300-350whp range that will pretty much let me spank alot of cars in washington we have a couple of cats with K20s modded but i want to be able to beat majority of people around town an at the track. Dont want a full blown race car just something fast and can take turns

Also if I go the B18B or B20B route what is the best tranny for the swap and how much will it cost me
By Ajax1989
#224059 id stick wit the ls trans if ur gonna boost imo
By Sincere
#224063 ok cool
By Carfanatic
#224065 NE0N!!!11!!1!!!!! :x
By asianrob
94_jdm_ferio wrote:id stick wit the ls trans if ur gonna boost imo

if you go boost man GSR trans would be ideal. LS trans is really long. IMO perfect for highway and street.