Relating to the site
By Sincere
#223402 A week ago I picked up a 93 EG Si for $2500. It came with full GSR leather interior, Carbon fiber duckbill which needs to be replaced and horrible rims. The only mods I have done so far are NRG Quick Release system (entire kit) Type R front lip, rear lip and carbon fiber shift knob and jdm side moldings. My question is what do you guys consider to be "ricey" I want mostly everything to be carbon fiber as in the lips, hatch, spoiler with led, and hood. Before all that I still need a motor first because they put some garbage D15 inside the car which has no power. So help me out guys in in Washington State and I need help on what are good authentic buys and whats ricey :thumb:

heres a pic the day I purchased it
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f159/ ... G_0596.jpg
By OleFolk
#223408 Well go for anything "JDM"
and stay away from lambo doors

by the way D15's are dope :mrgreen:
By TrailerTrash
OleFolk wrote:by the way D15's are dope :mrgreen:

QFMFT

to me rice is lambo doors, park bench wings, stick on pep boys hood scoops, big azz 17s, 18s, 19, or any other size tire that makes your car look like you put a lift kit on it, molded body kits that make removing the bumpers impossible, shopping lists on the fenders, windows ect, neons, alteza taillights and headlights, and windsheild banners that state the obvious make and/or model of the car.
By slowj1
#223411 the rims arent bad..not what i consider "ricey" but not my taste imo. The car is a nice start and if you really want to be tastefull in your mods look at the ride of the month all those cars are not rice what so ever.
By Sincere
OleFolk wrote:Well go for anything "JDM"

yea thats definitely one thing I will never do is put lambo doors on it thats kind of lame to me.

Im trying to figure if I should have a rear lip I notice alot of people do a front lip either stock side skirt or aftermarket and just nothing on the rear or mud guard

what makes you think a D15 motor is dope lol well give me a b16/b18/h22 and you can have it NOW lol

Also why do so many people choose b18 or b16 over an H22 which has the most bang for your buck
By Flatland_EG
#223441 I you don't want those wheels send them my way. :D
By 93hatcheg
#223474 ha pretty much if it looks like a car in fast and the furious its ricer.
By Sincere
DontHateonEG8 wrote:illl try to find a picture tomorrow :)

Picture of what ricer cars? or something else
By Eg6H2D
Sincere wrote:
OleFolk wrote:Well go for anything "JDM"

yea thats definitely one thing I will never do is put lambo doors on it thats kind of lame to me.

Im trying to figure if I should have a rear lip I notice alot of people do a front lip either stock side skirt or aftermarket and just nothing on the rear or mud guard

what makes you think a D15 motor is dope lol well give me a b16/b18/h22 and you can have it NOW lol

Also why do so many people choose b18 or b16 over an H22 which has the most bang for your buck

H22 yes best bang for your buck but not a straight drop in motor. B are similar to D in parts of mounts and many useable parts. H has some. but to use the tranny from an H serioes your have to hack up your shift console a big to make room for the H series shifter box. Plus B are a bit light in terms of internal parts. rev higher with out mods. there are good and bads on both. Just look through this forum youll find tons of info..
By Eg6H2D
#223493 and Ricey to me. anyhting non OEM looking! and non matching!!! !! :thumb:
By Trang
#223516 To me Rice is about putting all your money into the looks rather than having a good combination of looking nice and going fast. If it is functional then go for it such as a hood scoop, if you have a top mounted intercooler such as on the rx7's or you just need to cool your engine bay, its easy and it doesn't look too bad. When you put rear fender holes that don't go to cooling your rear brakes or any other functionality, it tends to look like you are trying too hard and want to the looks.

I like seeing people take their cars and go all "JDM" with them but the top of the line stock look does get old after awhile. You can customize your car how ever you like so feel free to be different, rock a few boats by making the car your own.

If you have a turbo-ed j37 putting down 500-800 hp to the wheels, feel free to make it look as furious as you want, when you smoke the people laughing at you, it will make them think twice.

As long as you go with name brand parts, you are somewhat safe from being called rice (cept for vielside, which can look nice)

I am in WA and it just gets annoying seeing the cookie cutter "JDM" civics.
By Sincere
chilango41 wrote:My LCA's dont maych :cry: .
Im rice :thumbdown:

what is LCA does it stand for lower control arms? excuse my ignorance right now