Civics don't really drift- but if you want to talk Drifting, here's the place
By JDMcivic
#16946 All you need is:

- 2 spare tires(back)
- two all season or winter tires(front)
- hand brake
- the ability to drive
- skill..

So I was driving my ef around and ended up puncturing both my rear tires :cry: . Ofcourse it had to happen when i was low on cash and couldnt afford new tires, so i had to replace them with 2 spares I had @ home. Now i put them on and on my way to the bank i took a really hard turn and wut do u kno...i was driting around the damn corner 8) . So I skipped my trip to the bank and found an empty parking lot and had my fun! :thumb:
By merbo
#17184 this sounds fun :D
By Gorveatt
#34595 :lol: it's not drifting, it's ass dragging :lol:
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#34596 Yeah, sliding and drifting, two COMPLETELY different things there man. But either way, what you're is pretty fun :D
By asianrob
#34602 could always go to your local McDonalds and get a bit to eat take their trays slide under your rear wheels and have fun hahah
By NeoKing
#42427 Drifting a front wheel drive requires lots of car abuse...and preparation which I did it once by actually planting my foot on the gas and reaching speeds of about 40mph and turning the wheel and lift the ebrake. You got to maintain lots of speed by entering the turn with lots of speed.

Assdragging will be just to turn and lift ebrake and the car just drags its back and slows down.

To drift is to go sideways so by definition if you make your Civic FWD slide sideways and not be in an understeer then your drifting.

My setup for that fun drift session (Oh that was back in the early 2000s):
Worn Yokohama AVS tires (That is why I decided to trash it)
Was about to get me a 100k tune up so might as well make the mechanics do the 30 point inspection on my car after the brief abuse.
Stock front sway bar with poly bushing and 22mm big-O rear sway bar (With a huge sway bar at the rear it really makes a understeering FWD into a oversteering tail happy car)
With braces up and down front and back. (Or else I would have bent something... I think...)
Tokico sport front shocks (Stiff) and OEM rear shocks (Soft)
Neuspeed Springs which have stiffer fronts by design.
Front tires set at 30psi and Rear tires set at 36psi

If anyone ask me what are my most memorable times I had with my Civic SI?
Drifting like a maniac behind the military base, stopping oncoming traffic, and scarying myself to laughter. :woot:

Oh yeah, and I spun out once on heavy fast moving traffic on the freeway... that was hella memorable as well LoL... did like 3 spins and amazingly missed the wall and other cars. :thumbdown: It was not fun but one of my brush with death memorable moments.
By hondalowlow
Gorveatt wrote::lol: it's not drifting, it's ass dragging :lol:

haha
By kmarshall3
DC4rob wrote:could always go to your local McDonalds and get a bit to eat take their trays slide under your rear wheels and have fun hahah

A couple of my buddies that work at arbys did that and got in trouble with the cops... tray shavings at a local business and like 40 trays missing from arbys... haha
By egferio95
#60686 Laughing it's not drifting, it's ass dragging Laughing.

LOL man, you can't really drift an FF car like the civic. You can simulate it by creating a lot of understeer while "attacking a corner" but that just means your skidding. Control that skid and you got a simulated FF drift. When I was young and stupid I always do that kid of shit on my mom's beater car (which became my first car (83 Mits Mirage). As it has been posted earlier above, that kind of shit puts a lot of abuse in an FF car so I don't recommend it to anyone. Besides, that drift shit is mostly slow-ass anyway: drag is the way to go. JK LOL
By Sentry
#71243 Image

I bought a pair of these the other day. Funny I should see this topic. :lol:
By GoRide
#71391 "don't drift your honda's, like people race there colbalts" ahaha
By jmsplitfyre
#71434 I think this is more like powersliding, right? :?