1/4 mile theory & tuning
By pedroa06
#105732 well my cousin has been bugging me ever since i told him i bought a eg8..
hes been saying to race him for fun he has a completely stock ef2 d15b2..

i got a stock d15z1, with intake/k&n filter

i raced him awhile back with my stock 4 door integra and i was surprised he was at my rear bumper.. hah

so you think ill win?? :eh:
By chrono404
#105796 EF's are light. Hella light.
If he kept up with your stock integra 4dr, most likely with an LS in it.
Then most likely he will be faster then your D15z1 powered eg. his weight to power ratio will be better then yours. Most likely you will loose.

Just race him in your 4dr integra again.
By pedroa06
#105907 yeah he kept up with my integra till 3rd gear but im guessing if we would of went all out i would of beat him by a couple 2 cars because his 4th gear is pretty slow..

but im just gonna race him with the eg this saturday win or lose for fun..
hopefully he dont beat me because ill be ashamed...
what rpm should i launch at stock d15z1??
By chrono404
pedroa06 wrote:yeah he kept up with my integra till 3rd gear but im guessing if we would of went all out i would of beat him by a couple 2 cars because his 4th gear is pretty slow..

but im just gonna race him with the eg this saturday win or lose for fun..
hopefully he dont beat me because ill be ashamed...
what rpm should i launch at stock d15z1??

Do a few practice launches before you race to find the right point. You dont want wheel spin but want to hit your power band quick.

I personally launched bewteen 2.5-3k depending on how slick it was. Sticky Tires FTW :woot:

Let us know how it goes down. :thumb:
By pedroa06
#106051 yeah lolz...
this weekend ima get a new k&n filter and do spark plugs and spark plug wires, oil change so hopefully it goes good.. ill post excatly how it went

ill launch at 2.5k rpm.. and shift 500 rpm's less than redline...

CHRONO404 ive been looking at ur setup a bit and i like the idea that ur being unique and using nitrous in ur car most people just go turbo and call it a day but i actually think ima be going a low shot of nitrous.. maybe a 50.. you think thatll be safe on a dry system?
By chrono404
#106057 Thanks for the compliment. About your Question, Depends on your dry kit. Some dry kits come with boxes that will make your injectors give more gas. I personally like Wet kits as once you get it tuned right it will never change. Much simpler with less stuff to go wrong. Highly recommend the wet kit.

With a Stealth Nitrous kit Install you will give people double takes when they look under your hood. A n/a z6 beat my K20? WHAT? :lol:
Its also much better on your equipment, your only making your horsepower when your out racing or want/need it. you are not wearing your engine out doing random crap like buying groceries when its just wasted.

Not sure on how the d15z1 will do with nitrous. As long as you keep your total projected hp under 200 you should be okay.
By pedroa06
#106116 yeah i wanted to go turbo at a low boost but i thought about it and everybody here has boost so i was thinking nitrous and people would think that im n/a..

a wet stealth nitrous kit..? do you have a link to one?

oh yeah i just want a low spray enough to reach a couple 140 hp.. beata couple ls's and mustangs v6...

later im planning to swap in ad16z6 :thumb:
By Sentry
#106137 I would say work on the D16Z6 first, then spray. :hehe:

Either that or a JDM D15B, which you can also get dirt cheap from any motor importer.
By pedroa06
#106185 yeah i was thinking about that..
but rite now i got the d15z1 and i mite aswell make something out of it so im thinking to put nitrous on it and spray a 25 or 50 shot just to run a couple integras and mustangs..
while im fixing the exterior and saving for the d16z6 wich will probally cost around 4-500 ish..

first I need to put an acura badge lolz jk :lol:

this SATURDAY ima race my cousins ef2 hopefully it goes good... :thumb:
By chrono404
pedroa06 wrote:yeah i was thinking about that..
but rite now i got the d15z1 and i mite aswell make something out of it so im thinking to put nitrous on it and spray a 25 or 50 shot just to run a couple integras and mustangs..
while im fixing the exterior and saving for the d16z6 wich will probally cost around 4-500 ish..

Looking forward to read up on what happens.

If i was you i would shoot up on Nitrous and have some fun until you get a z6 swap. :thumb:

A "Stelth" wet nitrous install is just a Wet nitrous kit thats installed so you cant see it. I.E. hide the solenoids behind/under the fusebox, etc.
Last edited by chrono404 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By hondajunkee
chrono404 wrote:
pedroa06 wrote:yeah i was thinking about that..

Looking forward to read up on what happens.

If i was you i would shoot up on Nitrous and have some fun until you get a z6 swap. :thumb:

Shoot if I was you I'd be reaping the gas saving of the Z1 and use the money I saved on gas to fund some of the swap
By Faded_Milano
#106287 I say you sell the D15Z1 while it still works. There are plenty of people out there looking for them who will pay $500 for one.

Oh, and you'll probably lose, your tranny is hella tall.
By pedroa06
#106557 well he didnt wanna race me this weekend because his distrubutor dizzy is kinda %$&&$ up.. he said for sure next week
so well see i think hes scared..