Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Thumpist
#345540 Hi guys,

I am new here, I have been lurking for a fews weeks just reading up and checking out your sweet rides. I used to have an EG when I was in my Teens I had dreams of making it a machine not to be messed with but that all got lost along the way then I was involved in an accident and it was never the same. Now that I am older and wiser and I have a gigantic shed to work in I have decided to pick up another EG and do everything I ever wanted to do and do it right!

I own a Harley so my Civic is only going to be a commuter 3 months of the year allowing me to have bulk time to do some big projects.
When I picked up my original EG it had already has an engine conversion, and from Memory it was a H22A, the main thing I remember is it was a DOHC.

Whilst I don't want a race car, I do want something I can show off and it has a little extra omph, I have decided to do things in stages as another winter ends I can get to work on the next stage. I am thinking I want to do an engine swap and I have been looking at what others have been doing but I can't seem to find a solid consensus on an engine to settle on.

So I was wondering if I could get some thoughts, for a weekender that will be a daily driver 3 months of the year, that will eventually get a turbo, what would be a good motor to start with?

BTW I am in Australia, I don't know if that matters but worth mentioning.
Thanks for your time,
Thump
By gtstripes
#345542 hey man, if you want a direct bolt on get a d16y1 out of our VTI model, not the best motor but they are pretty good for their price, other than that call sydney wreckers and get a b18 out of an integra :) :thumb:
By Thumpist
#345543 Thanks Man!
I will put this on the list appreciate it!
By Thumpist
#345630 So I have been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of days on a few different Honda sites and I think I am pretty keen on a H22A now.

Looking at Half Cuts currently to get a price in my head, I have seen that you need new engine mounts as well as drive trains which I am happy to do, it will be a big project but worth it :)

Has anyone else done a H22A build in an EG?
Anything I should look out for etc?
By gtstripes
Thumpist wrote:So I have been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of days on a few different Honda sites and I think I am pretty keen on a H22A now.

Looking at Half Cuts currently to get a price in my head, I have seen that you need new engine mounts as well as drive trains which I am happy to do, it will be a big project but worth it :)

Has anyone else done a H22A build in an EG?
Anything I should look out for etc?

dude H22a is a c*nt to do, alot of wiring and the gearboxes are prone to shitting them selves.. then you have engineering etc lol but it is pretty beefy :) best vtec crossover!
By Thumpist
#345632 Yeah that is also what I am hearing haha, it can a real b!tch to get in, but worth it when you do!

I found some guides where you can use your EG harness you need to do a bit of extending, modifying etc so I figure if I am not in a rush it will still be a pain but again worth it.