Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By asianrob
EG6b20R wrote:
asianrob wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:A lot of your prices you posted are unrealistic IMO. But hey if you paid that then kudos. Also you left out a lot of little items like axles, radiator hoses, header/exhaust modifications, etc.

unrealistic? I took the time and did research and search for the parts. I dont go off and buy shit for retail. i used ebay craigs list, friends that are in the scene k20a.org, use you the internet its one of the most valuable resources you have for information. ITS going to be cheaper to buy it in pieces instead of complete and running which is fine, but if you are on a budget id consider the first option and learn how to put stuff together.
i've been there and done it.

i modified B series axles and Type S axles for that to work
used modified radiator hoses from Advanced auto cost me like 5 bucks for the hose
used a Tri Y header and ebay Tri Y header and at that time i pick that up for around 350. used. cut off my current exhaust on there

K swaps are getting cheaper now a days. and its going to be cheaper to buy and build a motor they way you want it vs buying from a second hand dealer.

its patience that will save you a bunch of money and people you know.
if i could remember all the stuff i did i would have posted it but that was a few years ago. im back in a coupe with a b20vtec. considering going back to a K series.

So do your research, and more importantly KNOW PEOPLE. especially at your local parts store and the dealer ship. thats how i got that BRAND NEW z3 short block for cheap. and most of all be smart about it. i can go on and on. but what ever.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=586 ... c&start=45

:thumb: :thumb: Very Realistic!

thanks! :thumb:
By 92CivicSquach
#323375 I like it man, and i think its very realistic. Hard work will always save you money.