Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By reyes09
#271446 so im having a problem getting the tailgate panel out. im stuck with the knob on the latch to open the tailgate. i have a service manual but it just says pop it off and i tried searching but no luck...

is there a specific way to take it off cause i feel like im about to break it:S any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
By Gustavo
#271494 U just pull the knob off, then theres a screw under the latch that once u take it out the plastic will come off. If u have 2 pull n wiggle it out. Mine came off easy.
By Blazed_Eg
#285052 I use a plastic pry bar! Any luck??
By tegpower18
#285059 Best thing for interior panels is getting the proper tools. But yea just pop the knob off with a flat head or something
By EG Love
#286975 The plastic piece that you put your finger on to open the hatch, slides off the piece of metal. it pulls straight off I believe. With the latch in closed position (when you're not holding it open) I push in on the tip of the plastic a bit.. then i wiggle it off. Then remove screw and the panel just has clips holding the rest on