Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RSuave
#261093 I bought a 92 civic DX complete stock with some dents and rust around the back wheels and under the door handles. Drives perfect though with 181,000 miles. I bought this for $2,650. I just found the exact same dx but a 93 teal same color without any rust no dents full stock all around with 160,000 miles for $2,200. Should I go to the bank take out a loan and sell my car that I bought a little later on so it will be an even trade since I cannot do rust repairs and the shop said it would cost around $1,500 to have it done right.
By poorman type-r
#261100 If you can pay the payments of the loan i would say do it, but you would probably end up keeping both. One for track one for dd :thumb: . Well thats what i would do haha
By poorman type-r
#261101 Post some pics for the hatch and its rust.
By RSuave
#261111 Haha trust me I would keep both if I could afford it I am doing summer classes now in college with no job, just trying to get a clean stock hatch and add little mods along the way.
By poorman type-r
#261113 How are ypu going to pay off your loan with no job then?
By dbrooks
#261118 you can learn how to do rust repair. it really is a good thing to know. maybe some of your friends will need it done, then you could do it for them and make some tax-free, under the table money. it's not TOO hard. just read and read and practice and read.
By Ajax1989
RWMIII wrote:why not just sell the one you have right now then use that money to buy the one you just found?

who in there right mind is gonna pay almost 3k for a rusted dented hatch
nothing agist op, but people are over pricing 15-16yr old cars, 2650 is outragous i wouldnt pay that much for any civic eg unless is was bone stock and grage kept with less then 100k on it
By CEPerformance
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
RWMIII wrote:why not just sell the one you have right now then use that money to buy the one you just found?

nothing agist op, but people are over pricing 15-16yr old cars, 2650 is outragous i wouldnt pay that much for any civic eg unless is was bone stock and grage kept with less then 100k on it

I just bought my wife a '94 DX in mint cond with 160k for $2,000

I would sell the rusted one and buy the other but i doubt you'll be able to get what you paid for it.
By Ajax1989
CEPerformance wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:

I just bought my wife a '94 DX in mint cond with 160k for $2,000

I would sell the rusted one and buy the other but i doubt you'll be able to get what you paid for it.

thats not a bad price 2000 for a mint bone stock
By RSuave
#261348 Hmm well I would do the loan then buy the car and sell my old one since it would take at least a week to get the money for my car now, my body is not too rusted the least rust I have seen on a civic hatch in person here in Minnesota, no such thing as a mint clean civic unless stored in the winters.
By 1ACarlos
#261381 I think that was a little too much for one with rust and 180k.
By vtecpowerrr
#261404 just to let you know..

i got my EG stock.. MINOR surface rust on rear quarter panel (driver side) and its got no dents.. 14" mags, 4 brand new tires+4 winter tires on 13's
its only got 150 000 km's
runs perfectly and passed the inspection on first attempt, doesn't burn oil at all !

All for just 900$ ! ;)

>> http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=20593
By RSuave
#261447 Great news some teacher is buying my car for $2,800 when I bought it for $2,650 2 weeks ago. The car is in pretty great shape mint interior and drives perfect, glossy teal paint just some small rust forming and some dings.
By poorman type-r
#261451 Congrats then, guess you wont have to take out that lone. ha