Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ILoveMyEg3
#231774 hey guys still new here but hi the site is brill :thumb:
ok so here is my prob i need a few things dont to the car before it goes into the nct

the guy i bought it from said i might have a few problems with the fuel pump but i just got a new engine fitted as she was burning oil and i think the head gasket was cracked...i know i should trust him but a few things he said have been wrong.. :thumbdown:

anyway long story short i was just wondering is there anyway i could tell if the fuel pump was on the way out?????thanks guys :D

and i was looking to post a few pics up but it seems to not want to go up for me lol :? :thumbdown: :D
By LaosToaster
#231788 turn ur key to on II. if u can hear ur fuel pump prime for 2 secs its workin. if not check it by removing ur fuel pump cover and have a look, when i had to replace mine my pump looked very rusty and dirty, maybe cuz it was sitting there for too long. also if u think ur fuel pump isnt the problem, u can check if ur fuel pump is getting voltage by using a multimeter and touch the pins in the plugs and u should get voltage where ur fuel pump connects to the harness. if u do get voltage where the fuel pump connects then ur fuel pump is bad. replace :thumb: if u have a manual it will tell u the procdure too on how to check ur fuel pump
By ILoveMyEg3
#232137 Ill Do That As Soon As I Get Outta Work :thumb:
Thanks For That :)
Oh BTW How Do You Get The Pic On Lol ????
By LaosToaster
#232157 np, i just uploaded it on imageshack.us, so u can get a forum url, then past that url in ur signature. but be sure its short, i think the character limit is 200. im not sure. oh and make sure ur image isnt too big.
By LogiTech
ILoveMyEg3 wrote:Ill Do That As Soon As I Get Outta Work :thumb:
Thanks For That :)
Oh BTW How Do You Get The Pic On Lol ????

Hey mates.. please share those pics.. hehe anyway, were good to know that you resolve your problem with that fuel pump.. cheers!