Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Warrence
#229981 Sorry, I am a newb (here and in modding my car beyond detail and maintenance). Failed in my searches.
Curious, out of the affordable options for an exhaust system, what would be my best bet for a combination of sporty and endurance driving on the streets? Are there specs regarding performance for these systems?
I was comparing the:
Apex'i N-1
5Zigen Pro Racer A-spec
HKS Hi Power
Buddy Club Spec IV
Skunk2 MegaPower R
If it matters, I have a '94 DX Hatch, manual. US D-series motor.
Any help or input would be most appreciated :D
By asianrob
#229983 id look into the World sport, or SP2 exhaust

also Tanabe G medallion or fujiusitbo legalis
By Gustavo
#230019 Skunk2 MegaPower R is my choice. I have it n it sounds amazing.
By Eg6H2D
#230082 Apexi Ws2 NOIR! FTW!!!! so sexy and discreet.
By Warrence
#230354 I had not seen the World Sport 2 in my previous searches. It appears much more streetable than their N-1 exhaust system. I appreciate the point in the right direction.
I'm actually replacing the exhaust system due to the existence of an exhaust leak, somewhere between the headers and the catalyic converter. (Would much prefer to upgrade rather than keep stock)
Would one of these systems include the piping from headers to CC?
If not, where should I begin looking?
By jdmcivic33
#239657 ws2 FTW!!! amazing sound had on almost all my cars =) now i run a street bike exhast sounds absolutly amazing cnt take credit tho classiccarsrule85 gave the car to me like this :thumb:
who would have thought this would sound soo amazing lol im gonna clean it up an flat black it 8)
By Greasedmonkey
asianrob wrote:id look into the World sport or fujiusitbo legalis
By civiclover
#239687 spoon n1?? it also sounds and looks good !

sample pic of my muffler

By 92_eghatch
#239781 i dont want to make a new thread pertaining to exhaust, since this one is up. i have the same question, but my exhaust options arent of course the same.
instead, how would it sound to run something like this:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10416/

i know it's out of the ordinary, but i don't want to go the route of a large cannon on the back of my car. i only concern going this route would i guess be back pressure (same problem as some 4 cylinder exhausts with cannons), and possibly worse sound. any takers? either catted, or catless.
By 94EJ2
#239794 the magnaflow "glasspack" so to call it will sound pretty much the same as a "tuner" muffler aka a cannon maybe a little deaper the only difference would be what tip you use a tip can drastically change the sound of the exhaust

im running no cat and a cannon with 2.25 exhaust i have plenty of backpressure

my friend is running no cat and a glasspack with 2.25 exhaust and he has no problem with back pressure

it just depends on your application if your goin n/a 2.25 is the biggest you want to go turbo between 2.5 and 3
By 92_eghatch
#239897 thought it would be cool to run the tip through the body, but would probly be a pain to run the piping. i'm not really sure what i would do for a tip. i'm into the deeper tones so....would probly go with something that would keep it deep :)

(sorry to steal the thread btw...)
By nrpalmer32
#240346 I'd go on to YouTube.com and search for the vehicle name and exhaust name that you are wondering about. I've done this on the last few exhausts I've purchased for a few vehicles. I'm going to end up with the Tanabe Medalion Touring catback. I love hearing the exhaust tones but like the quieter/sleeper exhausts. Either that or the Apexi WS Noir exhaust
By 707eg6
#248509 Buddy Club Spec 2 or what r u going for ? jdm look or ? i mad mine :D i well put pic up if u want . it came off my 2005 cbr 1000 it's nice now u can c my lca shit my bike is biger then my car thats sad. :thumb: