Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By butta75
#222963 Keep the VX stock for a super gas saver, they're super rare. If you want to build the vx for speed i would suggest a diff hatch.
By TrailerTrash
#222969 When i bought my coupe it had a VX tranny and a JDM D15B. That tranny was the biggest female dog of a tranny ive ever driven. the gears were so dang long i had to rev the heck out of it just so it would move out of its own way. if you want to make that thing wayyyy more fun try drive, get a better tranny. at least a DX.
By chrono404
#222980 I would recommend instead of swapping out the Transmisison to replace your Engine.

I have a 96-00 Civic HX Geared Transmission which is similar to the VX tranny. (85mph -3k in 5th gear) It gives awesome fuel economy. When it was mated to a D15b7 it was a turd. I Pulled my d15b7 with a Bad waterpump out, and Replaced it with the D16z6 I pulled from my Delsol Si. The Jump in performance was huge. I Still get awesome fuel economy, however the car is much quicker.

I can drive my 99 spec JDM b20b/Em1 b16 tranny Delsol Si that slays GSR swaps, and can get into the z6 Sedan with hx tranny and it doesn't feel slow. Its obvously slower then the Delsol, however it doesn't FEEL slow. Its Perfect for Daily Driving with freeway cruising, you can still easily get to the plus side of 100 if you want to, And get awesome economy while you do it.

Agian, just to reiterate, Swapping to a better engine (D16z6, JDM ZC VTEC, jdm d15b, etc) Will help more then putting a different transmission on the D15z1 VTEC-Economy Engine you currently have.
By TrailerTrash
#223118 A more powerful D series would definetely give you some more get up and go but at the same time a shorter geared tranny would aswell. one thing i gotta say i loved about the VX tranny... 95mph in second gear :D

to each his own
By -Todd-
butta75 wrote:Keep the VX stock for a super gas saver, they're super rare. If you want to build the vx for speed i would suggest a diff hatch.

Yeah, dont do anything to your car because its a vx and "super rare". :facepalm: