Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By teal_dx
#473 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Specifications

CX hatchback: 2094lbs.
VX hatchback: 2094lbs.
DX hatchback: 2178lbs.
Si hatchback: 2326lbs

Key Differences:

The CX and VX have a 10-gallon tank, while the DX and Si have the 11.9-gallon tank.

Si and DX have a Rear wiper/washer

Si and Dx have more tar for increased quietness in cabin.

Si and Dx have side moldings and rear cargo cover standard.

Si came with power mirrors, power sun roof.

Si came with rear disc brakes, while DX, VX, CX came with rear drums.

Si came with front, rear sway bars standard.

The VX and Si were the only hatchbacks to come with 2 mirrors and a tachometer as standard equipment.

VX came with 9lb thirteen-inch alloy wheels while the CX and DX had thirteen inch steel wheels.

The Si had the heaviest wheels coming with fourteen inch steel wheels with hubcaps.

The 92 Si did NOT have a rear swaybar (?)
By Hondelso
#503 my vx doesn't come with 2 mirrors... i feel shafted!
By 1993 Civic Si
#504 I don't think any of the hatches came with a RSB. I know my 93 Si didn't. It does have a FSB (21mm).
By tgbastau
#561 The Si is also the only model to come with four speakers, if I'm not mistaken - my 93 dx only had two. Also, I'm pretty sure none of the Si models from 92-95 had rear sway bars, not just the 92 models.

A couple of other things (not that they're that important):

VX models were the only model with a front lip like the EX coupe, as well as an underbody "aero plate" of plastic to help with aerodynamics and apparently gas mileage. This was located underneath by the gas tank.

Only DX and Si models have intermittent wiper settings.

Only DX AUTO and Si models had power steering.

That's all I can think of for now, cheers!
By sleepincivic
#1197 the rear speakers are options on all models

but none never came with a rear sway bar on them

and si's are the only ones that came with optional ABS for the hatchbacks
but if you get in to coupes or fo do's thats a different story

also suposly there are some that came factory power windows.. i've only seen a couple but not in person.. and they werent conversions!

and the JDM rear interiors had cargo cover if that would ever be found

hope that helps
By chnzgoofball
#1578 the si hatchback comes with ac
By asianrob
chnzgoofball wrote:the si hatchback comes with ac

but so does CX and options on VX and DX
By slammedcx
#1894 My cx has a/c, and its very cold. Sweet :hehe: :hehe:
By hatchiespank
#2012 i have a 92 vx and it didn't come with a passg. mirror as well why is that. well i think that that is the way they made tha car in japan. cause there you drive on the right side and you don't need a right hand mirror.
By boxcarracer0260
#3706 my 93 cx had a/c but it is gone...two mirrors...and four speakers now i have six since i have the jdm rear conversion kit....and the only model to come with a rear sway bar is the 93-95 EX sedan with ABS....
By civicnation93
hatchiespank wrote:i have a 92 vx and it didn't come with a passg. mirror as well why is that. well i think that that is the way they made tha car in japan. cause there you drive on the right side and you don't need a right hand mirror.

Not true, Im in Japan and every single 92-95 Ive seen had both mirrors...my 93 DX in the states didnt tho ><
By ChicagoMike
#3914 ^^^Welcome to the site 1st of all!^^^
And just to add to it, my 92CX didnt have the passenger side mirror either, but it does now.
By da90_2
eg8ferio wrote:
chnzgoofball wrote:the si hatchback comes with ac

but so does CX and options on VX and DX
mine didnt :cry:
By suspendedHatch
#20035 Those weights are for 92 manual trans only and are significantly different for later models and auto trans.

In 92 all models were pre-wired for VTEC. After 92, only VX, EX, and Si were wired for VTEC.

In 93 all models recieved driver's side airbags.

In 94 all models recieved passenger side airbags.
By chnzgoofball
suspendedHatch wrote:Those weights are for 92 manual trans only and are significantly different for later models and auto trans.

In 92 all models were pre-wired for VTEC. After 92, only VX, EX, and Si were wired for VTEC.

In 93 all models recieved driver's side airbags.

In 94 all models recieved passenger side airbags.

o shit i didn't know this stuff... :thumb: