Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Macca
#24156 Just a random question i wasn't sure about.

Do the Civic ESI models have VTEC ?
By Macca
#24194 Ah good.
just I'm thinking of buying one now.
By L4urenZ
#24199 sohc vtec power ;)
By Sire
#24341 1.6 single cam VTEC 130hp D16Z6

just some info... :thumb:
By Macca
#24373 Yup. i did a bit of research earlier =)

I sold me DX now on eBay for £350 when i bought it for £100 =)
and have spent nothing on it. just some easy profit.
but the guy hasn't responded to me and its been like 4 days =(
but anyway i think ill invest into an ESI
By chnzgoofball
#24374 whoop whoop for the d16z6 :woot: :thumb:
By bietelboer
Sire wrote:1.6 single cam VTEC 125hp D16Z6

:wink:
By chnzgoofball
bietelboer wrote:
Sire wrote:1.6 single cam VTEC 125hp D16Z6

:wink:

hahaha get a d16y8 head with the intake manifold and i bet ull be pushing more then 125 lol :lol:
By lip_vtec
#25655 i have an esi and im after a little bit more bhp before i start buying into expensive parts so im curious about head swaps, i know the dohc 1.6 vtec from the vti has 160 bhp or there about, now is it possible to swap the head over? if so what difference would i see and how difficult is the swap i.e any need to change fuel pump, water pump or anything else in general and is it worth it? any info or other suggestions would be great
By bietelboer
lip_vtec wrote:i have an esi and im after a little bit more bhp before i start buying into expensive parts so im curious about head swaps, i know the dohc 1.6 vtec from the vti has 160 bhp or there about, now is it possible to swap the head over? if so what difference would i see and how difficult is the swap i.e any need to change fuel pump, water pump or anything else in general and is it worth it? any info or other suggestions would be great

Not gonna work, D-serie and B-serie parts dont go so well together..as in not at all :wink:
By lip_vtec
#25657 plain and simple just the way i like it . cheers
any advice you could give me as too gaining little bit more power from the engine just to keep me happy while i sort the styling out?
By Greasedmonkey
#25811 Vitara pistons, D17a crank and rods and a y8 head.
By lip_vtec
#25893 any idea where i could pick those up and the rough prices? you got me curious::P