Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By TDFbound
#6908879 Yo. I just replaced my passenger window run since it was dry rotted and missing a chunk of it. I did manage to get it installed despite sub-freezing temps! However, during installation I realized that there was a second piece that was also damaged- trying to find out what it's called so I can buy replacements. Might it be part # 11 or 15 in the diagram below? Also, the new window run had a TEAR in it right out of the package!! I don't think it affects function at all, but you can see the tear in it through the glass. Debating on trying to order a new one and replace it.

Before messing with it

Window run on the bottom, torn "other piece" above it

Could that upper torn piece be #11 or 15 in this diagram?

Old corner

New corner, has a cut in it :thumbdown:
By EconoBox
#6908881 It's the seal in the window diagram.

It's called run channel.

Driver side part number: 72275-SR0-A00 retail price $105.42
Passenger side part number: 72235-SR0-A00 retail price $90.83

Local dealer may tell you the right (passenger) is no longer available but they can order through Vintage Parts and it should take them about a week to get. Left is readily available. If they aren't any help PM me I work at a Honda dealer in Florida in the parts department and I can get it for sure.
By TDFbound
EconoBox wrote:It's the seal in the window diagram.

It's called run channel.

Driver side part number: 72275-SR0-A00 retail price $105.42
Passenger side part number: 72235-SR0-A00 retail price $90.83

Local dealer may tell you the right (passenger) is no longer available but they can order through Vintage Parts and it should take them about a week to get. Left is readily available. If they aren't any help PM me I work at a Honda dealer in Florida in the parts department and I can get it for sure.

That part number for the window run channel is the exact part I replaced today- the pic with the tiny tear in the corner of it is the new one I had ordered. There is still a torn piece above that one- the second pic, where I am holding the window run channel in my hand- there is a thin piece still on the top of the door- that piece is torn pretty bad and is what I need to replace next. Once the window run channel is removed, there are still two pieces of rubber along the top edge of the door- one is the poofy weather strip and the other is a much thinner piece that wraps over the top edge of the door and ended up overlapping the window run channel as well a tiny bit. It's this thinner rubber I need, not the big around-the-door weather strip, but the thin piece that wraps over the very top edge.

Here are a couple other pics that might be helpful, maybe?

ImagePart #7 is what I installed today.

ImageMaybe the Outer Weatherstrip is what I need?

ImageNumber 9 looks like the weatherstrip, part 72310-SR3-003. However, my repair manual specifies and inner and outer weatherstrip, but this diagram only shows one piece? That's what made me think it could be the Subseal, #11 in the diagram.

I'm sorry if I'm overthinking this- I'm a bit OCD and like to fully understand something before I try to do it (it has it's downfalls, but also usually gets better results!).
By EconoBox
#6908884 I misread your post I just saw the chewed up bit in the picture and throught that's what you were replacing. The outer seal around the window is 11 or 15 depending on the side, it also seals behind the garnish on the door pillar. Number 9 or 13 are the weather stripping which goes around the entire door. Just follow the seal you're looking to replace if its around the whole door or just a partial it will help you match it to the diagram.