Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 2fast4u
#218794 finished my valve cover :) forgot to snap pics after every coat, but heres what i got
Before anything was done.^

Primed (6coats)

Painted(6coats)

Sanded :)

All done. Clear coated(4coats) went a little heavy on the last coat and you can tell above the spark plug holes a weeee bit :thumbdown:
but im happy with it, this was my first time doing this so i cant be too upset with the job :woot:
By eg4life
#221224 if i take my valve cover off will i have to replace the gasket or should it be fine ?
By Digs
#222257 powder coating is another option which works well, lots of colours availiable and you can sand down on the honda emblem to make it shine effortlessly
By JohnAWESOME
#227600 Hey I was thinking about doing this soon and was wondering I have a Vtec-E and was thinking about painting the vtec and the e different colors than the rest of the valve cover. just wondering if I should buy a big rattle can of the colors I want or is there a paint that I can use that is in a smaller container
By orangeEG
#251270 this is mine, black with a metallic sparkle through it and polished lettering

By orangeEG
#255159 Here's another one I just did... Woodland camo... It's acually for sale, pm me if your interested I have a bunch of pictures!

By ceelx
orangeEG wrote:this is mine, black with a metallic sparkle through it and polished lettering

great color dude :thumb:
i have a little similar :wink:

ImageImage
By Gairifo
#257285 MINE :D :D :D... i love it

By d16z6boy93
#261311 great advice! cant wait untill iv got the time to do mine!!!
By Skat3r_666
#283735 looks good i've done a few as well I currently have a crinkle black one on my EJ2 but ive done fully polished,white,camo,digital camo, and the japan rising sun thing. just takes good prep and it comes out amazing! nice write up :thumb:
By Jokerluv
stockd15 wrote:Valve cover came out nice :thumb: Do you think regular rustoleum paint will hold up to the temp on the valve cover?

yes if its prepped pretty good before paint
By jdmgirl
#341536 i did this and when i put the cover back on there is oil leaking from the front right.. :?