Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By dmar13
#339701 ok I will be retrofitting projectors into my 94 civic sedan headlight housings. I have a couple questions, first, I read with the mini h1 projectors I basically take the reflector housing apart and screw the projectors in. is this true or is there any cutting of the housing?

second question, on ebay I saw two types of mini h1 projectors. morimoto h1 cost about 120 dollars while the other cost half that price. the half price doesn't have the name morimoto.
also has there been any hands on experience between the two types of mini h1 projectors? thanks.
By mitch6
dmar13 wrote:ok I will be retrofitting projectors into my 94 civic sedan headlight housings. I have a couple questions, first, I read with the mini h1 projectors I basically take the reflector housing apart and screw the projectors in. is this true or is there any cutting of the housing?

second question, on ebay I saw two types of mini h1 projectors. morimoto h1 cost about 120 dollars while the other cost half that price. the half price doesn't have the name morimoto.
also has there been any hands on experience between the two types of mini h1 projectors? thanks.

My personal opinion as I have retrofitted a 2011 corolla with H1 mini projectors, dont waste your money. Your best bet is to retrofit some D2S Mini projectors because you can buy legit true HID bulbs for them. OEM manufactures do not make H1 HID bulbs, so most often the light quality is not very good. With D2S, its a common OEM True HID bulb size, so manufactures such as Philips, GE, etc... all make very hight quality bulbs producing maximum light output.

The D2S mini projectors can be installed just like the H1 projectors into your stock H4 housing as I have one this to a set of EG headlights. Took me 4 hours to do the retrofit and it was very nice! I sold that set, and now I have some even crazier FX-R 3.0 projectors which are also D2S projectors.

You will need H4 adapters to fasten the projector to the housing securely. Other things you will need:

D2S bulbs
D2S bulb adapter connectors (from ballast to bulb)
H4 Relay harness for the Bi-Xenon to work properly
Ballast
Bi-Xenon connectors (should come with the projectors)

It is well worth the money, just make sure you are retrofitting hradlights with CLEAR* headlight lens!!! Or else your retrofit will be useless because the stock headlights have the flooded lens design. This will only scatter your cut-off which would defeat the purpose of projectors..... :?

Hope this helps, if you need more info or pictures, check out my build by clicking my signature link below

:thumb:
By dmar13
#339711 thanks for the info I checked out your car and its gorgeous. anyways, so no cutting of the housing with the d2s minis, that's awesome. ok I got a ballast coming in the mail already. so the h4 relay harness, does that come with the ballast I ordered? the h4 adapters are the screws and things already on the stock housing? does D2s bulb adapter come with the projectors as well.
By mitch6
dmar13 wrote:thanks for the info I checked out your car and its gorgeous. anyways, so no cutting of the housing with the d2s minis, that's awesome. ok I got a ballast coming in the mail already. so the h4 relay harness, does that come with the ballast I ordered? the h4 adapters are the screws and things already on the stock housing? does D2s bulb adapter come with the projectors as well.

I believe you can buy them from the retrofitsource.com, Not sure if it is included with the kit though. These connector adapters are the red things I have hooked up to my bulbs in the pics. As for the relay harness, I just bought one off ebay, its cheap.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MORIMOTO-D2S-AMP ... mtr&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/H3-H4-H7-H11-900 ... mtr&_uhb=1

I also ONLY recommend OEM bulbs such as philips 85122, 85122+, GE, Orisam, etc.... And for best light output, stay away from ricer 6000K, and buy 4300K bulbs. This way you will have a nice color band too, you wont regret it!

The only thing you will have to cut it the shroud because the headlight is quite narrow. but thats easy :thumb:

And for a work of advice, when in trouble, use JB Kwik :)
By dmar13
#339740 ok for 308 dollars I got the mini d2s retro fit kit that came with projectors , shroud, bulbs , ballast, wire harness and hardware. thanks for the info man!! :thumb:
By dmar13
#340151 ok, got my projectors installed inside a pair of denji headlights and took a pic of every step of the way. I wanted to ask mitch6, where did you mount your 3five ballast? got pics? or if any body can show me where they mount their ballast would be purty dope.
By ottofalcon
#340314 If anybody could shed some light on installing projectors on denji's that would be awesome!
By rustyrex
#340325 Theretrofitsource.com owns the patent on the morimoto brand the the mini h1 projector. Just buy directly from them. I did about a year ago and I highly recommend them.

As far as the denji lights. People retrofit new projectors in there so the output is worth having the headlights on the car. It still looks like a denji but the out put is better. Whatever you do do NOT use the OEM headlights. The fluting will ruin the output.