Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Clypsay
#314613 http://clubeg6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29291
All my previous info is in the link.
What can I do to get my front end flush?( besides fix my pass.fender and get the side holders for my headlight
By nd1983
#314616 did those corners ever fit correct?
By asianrob
#314617 may just be how the corners were made or the fenders might be tweaked.
By Clypsay
nd1983 wrote:did those corners ever fit correct?

This is my first time installing them.
By Clypsay
asianrob wrote:may just be how the corners were made or the fenders might be tweaked.
[u]
I'll mess with them more next weekend when I pick up some side holders and fix my pass Fender. Hopefully it'll straighten my whole front end :)
By nd1983
#314623 is it possible they are 4dr and not 2dr corners since they look too long
By Clypsay
nd1983 wrote:is it possible they are 4dr and not 2dr corners since they look too long
the posting said 2/3dr. thing is though, when I push in my corner lights and leave pressure, it all looks aligned, but the minute I take Off my hands it pops out again :/
By Clypsay
#314669 Well once I get back in town I'll mess with the front end a little bit more and try to get it to fit as best I can, and if there for 4 doors, then at least I got a good pair of headlights out of the deal :D
By Wicked
#314703 It looks like your fenders need adjustment. Put the corners into the headlight bracket and then play with your fender alignment, then your bumper. Although It doesn't take much for a bent fender to throw off that alignment and you'll never get it straight without new fenders. It does kind of look like you don't have the corner light inside lip/tab in the headlights bracket. I'm guessing the car was in a front end collision? It could be anything then.
By Clypsay
Wicked wrote:It looks like your fenders need adjustment. Put the corners into the headlight bracket and then play with your fender alignment, then your bumper. Although It doesn't take much for a bent fender to throw off that alignment and you'll never get it straight without new fenders. It does kind of look like you don't have the corner light inside lip/tab in the headlights bracket. I'm guessing the car was in a front end collision? It could be anything then.
I'm not gonna lie, I got into a small fender bender couple months ago, replaced my radiator support, front bumper reinforcement, new hood and headlights. Only thing I didn't replace was my (p) fender. Prolly just cut my losses and replace that to :/
By Clypsay
#321563 Update*
I put the side holders in and the corners are more aligned withbthe headlights, but there's still a small gap. I will post pics web there's daylight
By Graham
#321749 The whole front end is mis alligned - fix the corners to the headlights, as theres no adjustment there, then see how it sits. If its bad then you may have fitted the front panel wrong
By sloww_eg6
#323127 They look like 4dr corner lights. I had this problem at a junkyard full of sedans and my day was made because I thought that the lights were shaped the same for the 2dr/3dr.... But I found out that they are around 1/8" to short (height) and about 1/4" to long side to side. Look on Ebay for corners, I bought mine for $15 shipped and they fit great! :thumb: