Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By stubrun
#297122 No doubt this has been asked 1million times but I am tucking and smoothing my engine bay and wondered about the seam sealer, to be frank it looks gash!!!
Ok what is the best way to remove it and once I have it all off I want to seal it properly and smoothly rather than weld it up, would this be good to use?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WATERBORNE-SE ... 2038wt_689

Thanks guys.
By bigpunn421
#297127 i have never seen this used for looks.

usually it is used to stiffen the chassis(performance). we usually put 2 pieces of tape on either side of the original seam and lay it over. then peel the tape and you have a perfect line.

stuff works good if you already have the bolt ons to stiffen it. and most of the time a roll cage

if you want to completly shave your bay youll need to weld it if you want it done right. you could gob bondo like some people but it will not last.

i say do it once right. not do it twice wrong
By stubrun
#297139 Well all I wanted to do was to remove the old shite, apply new but smarten it up then paint over it. I was only going to weld up the holes I won't use or fill them with chemical metal, I don't want to use bondo as I hear it cracks and sinks over time.