Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Ecc0
#283113 I have a set of 4 front canards I'm looking to install in my car but want get people's opinions on where and at what angle I should fit them to get the most out of them.

I've tried googling but that only bring up about lining them up with you wheel base as to no have them overhang or petrude.

I knew all that already but want to know angles and heights as both can effect performance ALLOT
By necropaulis
#283191 No offense, but you're miles away from canard country. Just slap em on however you like and roll. Technically, like spoilers, they are for RWD cars. And even then they won't do anything to help you unless you have and actual aero kit. They don't create downforce, they move the air around the car to areas that would. Even people who have used just them also report a loss in top speed. Some have lost as much as 20 mph. This is also from people who change angle, curve, etc. for best results.
By Ecc0
#283231 Had read similar things on other sites about top speed but not that fussed as am working on acceleration and handling rather than top speed.

This said does seem like they're more hassle than they're worth and will result in putting holes in a perfectly good bumper.

Me thinks I'll sell them on to one of the local Chav bolers round my way and get my money back on them
By FG2_Andrew
#283264 canards :thumbdown:

road racing ricer application
By Ecc0
#283604 A Chav is someone how lives on government benefits and thinks the world owes them for it. And a boler is some that cruses up and down the high street music pumping thinking there little vauxhal corsa is as fast as a Ferrari.

Put the 2 together and you see what the locals are like near me so should be easy to shift them