Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By ImThaBean
#250742 So I got a set of some pretty clean first gen denjis but the guy bought them without the ballast boxes. Now I have them without. He said he used them and connected them straight to the factory HL harness and it worked fine. I assume that they worked, but not properly. What are my options from here aside from just dropping the coin to do a full TSX, FX45, etc retrofit? Would I be able to just get drop ins and go from there?
By asianrob
#250748 what do you mean ballast boxes? those headlights i think where H3 bulbs? never had the ballast. do you mean harness?

as far as the projectors go you could retro fit any projectors in there.
By ImThaBean
#250754 Yes. I saw the Gen 2's had ballast boxes so I assumed the gen 1s would too. But yes, the harness. From what I've seen there should be relays and somethign else to tie in the low/hi signal to the headlights.
By asianrob
#250755 ah yea? whats the difference between gen 1 and gen2? i think the only 1's i have seen is the one i guess the Gen 1 ? with the chrome or black housing.
By ImThaBean
#250758 Well, upon further review. My source was wrong. Seems the gen 1s are all-in-one wired. it just has the plug that is wired to the two different bulbs. I wonder how bad some cheap drop ins would look. I want to do a full retro, but don't have the cash right now so a set of 4300ks should do ok, I hope.