Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By mo-oso1
#247331 does any body know if the ek front end conversion clear up enough room for the h2b set up...

i have an h2b eg with a qsd kit now...and i dont like the propped hood look. besides i also like the look of the front end conversion...any info would help
By ogxandrew
#247438 please, don't do it..
By mo-oso1
#247508 lol...just interested in the info..not opinions...thanx tho

i'd rather see the ek front end on my eg if i didn't have to prop the hood up...the hood looks hella ghetto like that....not my style ya kno
By chrono404
#248090 With the QSD h2b kit in an EK, the hood doesn't need to be propped. However I'm not sure if thats due to lower mounting spots or a higher hood of the EK. Therefore there still is a possibility even if you do a EK Front clip swap that the H2B will require your hood to be popped.

If you go with a EVO or BisiMoto H2B Kit you can do a h2b with out having to prop your hood.

All this is unless you have a Delsol. then in which case your f***ed and have to have your hood propped with any of the kits.

I agree on not having your hood propped. Its why I'm not running H2B. Also 99-00 Front clips on EG can look good. If it all lines up properly they can look really good. However when you go to resell your car. People will think its been in a front end wreck.
By mo-oso1
chrono404 wrote:With the QSD h2b kit in an EK, the hood doesn't need to be propped. However I'm not sure if thats due to lower mounting spots or a higher hood of the EK. Therefore there still is a possibility even if you do a EK Front clip swap that the H2B will require your hood to be popped.

If you go with a EVO or BisiMoto H2B Kit you can do a h2b with out having to prop your hood.

All this is unless you have a Delsol. then in which case your f***ed and have to have your hood propped with any of the kits.

I agree on not having your hood propped. Its why I'm not running H2B. Also 99-00 Front clips on EG can look good. If it all lines up properly they can look really good. However when you go to resell your car. People will think its been in a front end wreck.

true that. thanks man....i run the evo kit now and i dont like it. i've had nothing but problems with it including ground clearance. so i guess i have to make sacrifices no matter what.

so now im looking for opinions : if my hood sat flush and had a whole cut where the motor sticks out, how do u think it would look to have a custom removable cover shaped like the valve cover?
By mooze
#248148 i run the bisi/evo h2d which also requires me to space hood..... i cut out the reinforcement on the underside of the hood which almost cleared for me...know its the IM thats hitting..not the VC...i plan on running a K20 RBC manifold which should sit my hood back to stock height....right now its spaced prob not even a inch but the hood hits the MAP
By mo-oso1
mooze wrote:i run the bisi/evo h2d which also requires me to space hood..... i cut out the reinforcement on the underside of the hood which almost cleared for me...know its the IM thats hitting..not the VC...i plan on running a K20 RBC manifold which should sit my hood back to stock height....right now its spaced prob not even a inch but the hood hits the MAP

i think im just going to make me a custom hood. we'll see...right now im in afghanistan so i cant really do much. but i figured a fiberglass hood would be my best route. i'd rather the hood look "bumpy" than not sit flush. of course i'll make it look clean
By mooze
#248164 and im in iraq so we're in the same boat....sux
By mo-oso1
mooze wrote:and im in iraq so we're in the same boat....sux

oh ok...what u doing in iraq? what unit u with?